lingering on ship

esimon

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]I always find these threads so interesting because we all have expierenced different things.
On our last b2b in Vancouver we were told that we could go down anytime as long as we went thru US customs before the ship left at 5 pm. We did not go down until around 3 pm. The new passengers were getting on at 11:30 am., they certainly were not calling our names to get off the ship and we caused no problems for the newly embarking passengers. So it doesn't always work the same, you just need to be aware of what the ship and port want you to do and follow it.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[B] The zero down thing only applies to U.S. ports.

[/B]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] The zero down thing only applies to U.S. ports.

[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE="3"]This is inaccurate. I know (from actual experience) that Japan also requires the "zero down thing" for cruisers doing B2B where the turnaround port is in Japan. There may also be other countries, but the U.S. is definitely not the only country with this requirement. [/SIZE]

[quote name='igraf']Better yet, you can have a final breakfast served in the main dining room. We have done this on our last two cruises and it sure beats crowding the gangway with all the other early-departing passengers. The room is yours until 9am or so, though the room stewards will come in to make the bed.

I strongly prefer the old way of waiting until 1-2pm for the room upon embarkation, rather that being shoved off the ship early in the morning upon departure. Unfortunately, the "have to get it now" types have caused the disembarkation squeeze (and staterooms that perhaps were not fully cleaned for the new passengers due to lack of time).

igraf[/QUOTE]

I liked the old way too. I hate getting rushed out at the end.