Internet for diamond members

Sergio11

How do you access it? Is there a code?

I use an iPad so I'm not sure if it works the same on other devices. As soon as I connected to the ship's WIFI, a menu page pops up. The Diamond coupon is for 60 minutes so you have to select the 60 minute for $29.95 (I think) plan and set up a username and password. Nothing more is required because the coupon is automatically applied.

Thanks, does iMessage on iPad work? And can you send pics?

Sorry but I never tried either. Unfortunately, I need to keep up with emails from work. 60 minutes doesn't last all that long on a seven day cruise. :eek:

Happy to hear of the 60 minutes for each diamond. I just looked up the extra perks for D & it still says 30 min. When we were on celebrity it was 45 min for elite. All the perks are better on Celebrity. For example laundry. I'll keep my fingers crossed for our Quantum cruise in March!!

Kathie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy to hear of the 60 minutes for each diamond. I just looked up the extra perks for D & it still says 30 min. When we were on celebrity it was 45 min for elite. All the perks are better on Celebrity. For example laundry. I'll keep my fingers crossed for our Quantum cruise in March!!

Kathie

It seems that when a ship moves to the unlimited plans, the amount of free time they give C&A members is increased.

Kathie

We were on Summit in June and it was 90 a piece. When Celebrity comes up with a balcony discount then I'll agree they have the better perks. ;)

I use an iPad so I'm not sure if it works the same on other devices. As soon as I connected to the ship's WIFI, a menu page pops up. The Diamond coupon is for 60 minutes so you have to select the 60 minute for $29.95 (I think) plan and set up a username and password. Nothing more is required because the coupon is automatically applied.

It's not always automatic... a few days after I signed up for the $29.95 package on Freedom a few weeks ago the charge was still on my account. I had to go to guest services to apply the coupon. The person first said I didn't have to do anything and when I was concerned that it was still a charge she looked it up and said something like 'hmmm - well I can fix that for you'. It was fixed easily enough.

It's not always automatic... a few days after I signed up for the $29.95 package on Freedom a few weeks ago the charge was still on my account. I had to go to guest services to apply the coupon. The person first said I didn't have to do anything and when I was concerned that it was still a charge she looked it up and said something like 'hmmm - well I can fix that for you'. It was fixed easily enough.
Not sure if it wasn't automatically checked, but when you sign up there is a question to 'apply coupon', I nearly missed it, and that may explain why it showed up as a charge.

Your SetSail Pass is programmed with the free Internet time ... 60 minutes per member. When you establish your account at the Internet Cafe (Royal Online or whatever it's called) you'll see the free-time coupon as an option ... click it and you're connected. Be sure to sign out at http://www.logoff.com if you're not planning to use the time right away ... the clock starts ticking immediately. Also remember to log out in the same manner every time, or you'll be charged another few minutes. You can get the time back at Guest Services, but it's a hassle. And yes, the system works with tablets and smartphones ... we have an iPad and Android, and had no problems on our last two voyages. We leave our laptop home these days.

Al

Not sure if it wasn't automatically checked, but when you sign up there is a question to 'apply coupon', I nearly missed it, and that may explain why it showed up as a charge.

We were on an Enchantment B2B last month, so I had 4 opportunities to use the new system. Twice everything worked fine and I had the checkbox available to apply the C&A discount. The other two times a message popped up saying they could not access our C&A information, so we would have to get our discount at Guest Services.

We had one hour each on our Explorer cruise Oct 23 and you do take the $29.00 package but I was told on the first day we had to have the $29.00 removed at the service desk at the end of the cruise to receive the credit. and yes it is a slow connection. They also have a $59.00 $189.95 and a $229.95 plan for those who need it.

We had 60 mins each last week on Indy I used my phone created account clicked on hour package and coupon and that was it didn't need to got to desk to get charge removed wasn't always that quick or great connection but it was free:)

We were on an Enchantment B2B last month, so I had 4 opportunities to use the new system. Twice everything worked fine and I had the checkbox available to apply the C&A discount. The other two times a message popped up saying they could not access our C&A information, so we would have to get our discount at Guest Services.

And the 60 min Diamond perk was for each one of you.?

And the 60 min Diamond perk was for each one of you.?

Yes, each C&A member gets their own internet coupon. We used each of our $29.95 discounts to get two days of unlimited internet for a net cost of $7.50 each day.

You get 60 minutes free.I brought the unlimited package and had the discount took off the package.The unlimited package was great had no issues using Email,Facebook and Twitter.Was also able to Skype home and upload photos.The only thing that was slow was trying to watch videos.I gave up on that.Good thing about having the unlimited package you didn't have to worry about logging off like with the other packages.

Being a new Diamond member this is great. I didn't realize this was one of the perks. This was something that I always liked on Princess was the free internet. Don't use it much but like to keep in touch. Going on the Oasis the week after Thanksgiving and heard they have a new internet system. Hope it is faster than when I was on it last year.