"LIVE" from the Navigator of the Seas - November 9, 2014

Coming into Falmouth

59217E3C-BBB5-47D5-8B51-4FF0355EA0E3_zpsmo7eenap.jpg

8F37A7AB-D697-415F-B403-CEBD11BA0BAC_zpspmtxxtvr.jpg

934738F6-3057-4DF0-9F00-C04E82546505_zpsz9tlcunu.jpg

There is not a lick of shade out there...I think the real feel temp in Falmouth yesterday was 99 degrees-we won't be staying long...

764F91C1-370C-49EE-8D5E-E8303EF05B6B_zpsjdzazacu.jpg

From the helipad

FCD7A35B-3055-44F7-93A9-D1E6EFE77807_zps6lyrs5dh.jpg

My view from the solarium. Life really doesn't get much better than this!

B20BF47A-D062-44E9-86A7-91B1B6D7E6E1_zpsl4biyqfu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

AWESOME pics...

We'll be on the NOS in 17 days, we absolutely can't wait. :D

Thank you so much for the review.

I do have a question, what is the name of that wonderful looking Margarita?

Are ALL of the margarita's in this restaurant $18 or is it just that special drink?

I'd like one of those about right now...:D

AWESOME pics...

We'll be on the NOS in 17 days, we absolutely can't wait. :D

Thank you so much for the review.

I do have a question, what is the name of that wonderful looking Margarita?

Are ALL of the margarita's in this restaurant $18 or is it just that special drink?

I'd like one of those about right now...:D

The "special" table side prepared were $18, I can't recall the exact name, but I will find out. You can get a classic margarita for $10 or $12 as I recall. I don't even like margaritas-too citrusy for me, but it was awesome, and strong! 😀

The "special" table side prepared were $18, I can't recall the exact name, but I will find out. You can get a classic margarita for $10 or $12 as I recall. I don't even like margaritas-too citrusy for me, but it was awesome, and strong!

That is nice to know that you're getting your monies worth. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Thanks again,

jean

Dessert sampler

1EAA8098-80DC-4C5C-B822-89CAC6471F1A_zps2ss8nxpo.jpg

Hey niksmom630, Thank you for the great review and pics so far... bringing me back great memories of my sailing. Sabor was one of my best experiences on NOS, and by far the best specialty I've ever had... I only took 2-3 photos at Sabor and always wished I had taken more:p These photos are awesome... thank you!!! And wasn't this desert sampler just outta this world? What was that coffee-pudding consistency desert called?? Wow, that was the very best ever :D

Thank you for the pictures and review of Sabor. We have a reservation there for our Oasis cruise now that it has been added to the ship.

The Sabor on the Navigator is inside on deck 4 and outside (with roof) on deck 6 (Boardwalk area) on the Oasis. It got cool in Sabor for the latest crossing, but now it is in the Caribbean it should be ok.

Hey niksmom630, Thank you for the great review and pics so far... bringing me back great memories of my sailing. Sabor was one of my best experiences on NOS, and by far the best specialty I've ever had... I only took 2-3 photos at Sabor and always wished I had taken more:p These photos are awesome... thank you!!! And wasn't this desert sampler just outta this world? What was that coffee-pudding consistency desert called?? Wow, that was the very best ever :D

I'm not sure what the desert was , but yes, the coffee pudding thing was really good!

Your photos are killing me (in a good way). So appreciate you taking the time for this.

Got my lounger all picked out in the Solarium. Can't wait to hear about Sabor. Thanks for the info on 3 Card. I play and Mr Wolf usually plays U Tx Hold Em. I might actually get him to play some 3 Card with that option!

Here's the payouts on the new three card game. Actually hit a full house tonight. Guess I'll be able to take another cruise now! 😄

213D079E-A0AB-4E82-972B-186114CC0727_zpsredxofbs.jpg

Edited by niksmom630

Checking in here to see how a fellow "live" reporter is doing and very impressive review! Enjoying it a lot. Navigator is on my list though I will opt for the Cozumel, Belize, Roatan itinerary :D

Have loved all your live reports! Hopefully you have one coming when I return to get over my post cruise blues??? 😥. Navigator should definitely be on your list! I've seen so many of these ports over the years that the destination is almost meaningless, but this crew, the service, and the whole cruise experience has ranked up there as one of my favorites!

Haha that would be Thursday night football. How funny you lose all concept of what day it is when your on a cruise 😃

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL, thanks for pointing that out. Wishing it was still Monday! Must be in denial,!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have loved all your live reports! Hopefully you have one coming when I return to get over my post cruise blues??? 😥. Navigator should definitely be on your list! I've seen so many of these ports over the years that the destination is almost meaningless, but this crew, the service, and the whole cruise experience has ranked up there as one of my favorites!

Well unless things change between now and then my next one won't be till April aboard Quantum. Hoping I can do one before then but so far it's not shaping up that way

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

Good morning and welcome to Day 6!

This mornings photos taken while I enjoyed some coffee on Deck 4

4559EEB2-3E0F-461C-B0CF-C903EF1245A2_zpsjokyl1xj.jpg

6208ADDE-A84B-47D6-81E6-2C7921407CBB_zpsifqn2eph.jpg

AF57858F-6AC4-4E2D-ABC7-93E294AC5DF7_zpsvwitpveb.jpg

We got off the ship yesterday for about an hour and walked around the port area. This was my second time stopping in Falmouth, but I didn't get off the ship the first time we stopped. The port area is very clean. Picked up a few souvenirs and stopped in Diamonds International to price a Movado watch I've had my eye on for awhile. Other than the duty free tax benefit, their pricing was not very aggressive.

My one lone photo of the port shopping area

472AF90A-21EB-4136-B8C2-DC6EB0AFFEE5_zpswzuhubca.jpg

Random thoughts and observations, tips and tidbits from Day 5

- the bars are not using the soda guns for soft drinks. Instead they are pouring from 2 liter plastic bottles. My DBIL is pleased, as he was not a fan of the bar soda...

- the elevators seem slower to me than on any other ship. As a result, I've been taking the stais more often, which is not a bad thing with all the calories I have been consuming.

- first seating in the MDR is 5:30 on this sailing. Anyone know why this is????? We always do traditional dining at 6 p.m. I don't like it. Would probably opt for MTD if I sailed again on a cruise with a 5:30 early seating. Of course, once dynamic dining rolls out, the point is moot.

- DH and DD went for a massage yesterday. I thought the port specials would be a good deal, but in fact it was better to just book with the regular pricing and apply our diamond discount. The part special offered (2) 20 minute massage treatments for $99. The 50 minute Swedish massage was $119, less the 20% diamond discount. So around $95 after discount, and the treatments were 10 minutes longer.

- the public bathroom doors open in, with the exception of the handicapped stalls within the public bathrooms the open out. I spent 10 minutes in the handicapped stall formulating a plan to make an escape, when the lightbulb went off and I realized I was pulling on the door, instead of pushing. One of my finer "blonde" moments for sure....

- the captain says we will be hitting the cold front on journey back, and we might have some rougher seas, but assured the masses this should not be a problem, since we already have our "sea" legs......hmmmmmmm.........

We have lunch at Giovanni's in a few hours, and I'm relaxing the Solarium now.

More later....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry you are hitting the cold front the last day. Thanks SO MUCH for the 3 card info. I have sent it along to the husband! Surely they still have Ultimate Tx Hold Em onboard - that is HIS game. Although I might get him to play some 3 card with me now.

Galveston sailings for the last few years do 5:30 and 8 pm seatings. We love it but then we do the late seating. I agree - 5:30 is way too early.

Enjoy your next few days and thanks for bringing all of us along.