beach glass

brody2

we are going to be at dock yards and want to leave early in the morningto go to alexander beach and to grotto bay to see free caves and to swizzle in what is the best way to get there and i keep hearing about the steep hill at horseshoe is the steep hill there if you go by ferry and were do i get the times for the low tides it says it is the best time to go for beach glass i want to beat the crowds do you think it will be crowded in nov

The ferry doesn't go to Horseshoe Bay. We took the #7 bus, which lets you off at the top of the hill. There is a jitney that will take people back up the hill, and if you catch it already at the top, it will bring you down. It is $1pp each way. We didn't find the walk down that bad, but at the end of the day, when you are hot and tired, it was great to have a ride back up.

Get your bus/ferry passes at the terminal (if you have kids, don't get them on the ship, they don't sell kids passes, and they are 1/2 price). You can pick up the bus or ferry there. They also give you a map and a schedule, or you can ask the drivers. They are very friendly. The buses can get crowded, especially to and from the beach, but they aren't that bad, and the ride isn't that long. I think it took maybe 20 minutes to get from Horseshoe Bay back to the ship.

Have a great cruise!:D

Archived