Ocean View- Splendor to be exact

SunnydayKim

Hello! We are staying in our first OV room in January on the Splendor. "Main" Deck 2, mid-ship.

Never stayed in an OV before- so, a few questions.

In searching, I read that some OV rooms are slightly larger than the balcony rooms. Is this just some, or all? (We have 3 in the room, DH, myself & DS who will be 4 at the time). Balcony rooms have been fine for us, but added space would be great. Just wondering.

The OV window itself. Is it really high off of the floor? Would our son be able to look out without one of us holding him? Is there enough of a window "sill" to sit in? (with parental supervision?) I see the picture on the Carnival website, however it says "All images are representative of staterooms. Actual configurations may vary."

Thanks in advance to your answer to any or all!

Kim

Edited by SunnydayKim
Spelling!

'all' oceanview rooms have more space inside the cabin than a 'standard' balcony cabin.

ov rooms are 220 sq ft.

balcony rooms are 185 sq ft + 35 sq ft balcony = 220 sq ft.

effectively, oceanview and balcony rooms have the same 220 sq ft footprint - and the balcony rooms take that 35 sq ft to have a balcony.

the windows you see in the typical pictures are pretty much standard. for the most part they do not vary. whether your son can see out it or not i guess depends on how tall he is lol. yes, there is enough of a sill he could sit in it. as far as your parental supervision comment - that's great, but it's not entirely relevant - the window does not open (if that's what you're worried about lol) :)

Thank you very much!

Sounds great! And, no- I knew they didn't open! :D

Just didn't want him falling on his head either onto the floor of the room! He is almost 4yo and may just try to jump from it, so parental supervision needed at all times!

Kim

Hi Kim. You did not state which cabin, but if you want to see actual passenger pictures, you can go to .... cruiseline rooms dot com

Do you have category 6C?

Go to the website I posted above.

Click on Carnival

Click on Splendor

Click on Cabin 2331

Click on pictures to blow them up

I picked this cabin because it shows the third bed open for your child. This way you can see how much room you have.

Have a great cruise. The Splendor is wonderful.

ypou do not want a cabin under the galley.

Pick a cabin under the dining room instead. That area is carpeted so no noise issues

2473 and 2470 is two of the large ocean view cabins. BUt you could get a lot of vibration shuddering noises.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/68/org/750931386887787.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/941235_10200894033089072_2063675709_n.jpg

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/68/org/45141386887792.jpg

Edited by serene56

We have 2470 and 2473 for the extra space on our cruise next year on Splendor. Stayed in 2473 on Glory before. They are only 2 person rooms for some reason. Plenty of space for a 3rd person. We actually liked the vibration from the propellers very relaxing and really wasn't that loud. Really only noticed it when we pulled into port when they ran the thrusters.