Has anyone been to Papito's and not done the AI?

aricardo

I am wondering how they limit the # of people if they offer AI and non AI. How much are the food and drinks? How much was your taxi ride there? I have seen varying amounts. Did you have any trouble getting a taxi back? If you did do the AI, was the snorkel guide included or just the equipment? Any other information you have would be great.

Thank You!

We visited Papitos back in April. The place is as great as their reviews on TA (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d6480182-Reviews-Papito_s_Beach_Club_Restaurant_Bar_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html).

We actually did their all inclusive and it was well worth it. This beach is paradise, there is not much more to say...

Snorkeling was awesome, don't miss it, it comes with the package. Staff made sure our taxi was waiting for us when we were ready to go back to the ship (entrance fee to the park was included, we did not have to pay extra. Don't remember exactly the taxi fare but it was reasonable. At the end you are in the very south of the island and not in the middle of the large beach clubs. This place is definitely our most favorite beach in Cozumel!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These questions are exactly the same ones we have. Any opinion on whether the AI is worth it? Can anyone comment about the package with transportation option? And how much is the current taxi fare? Is that amount per person or for the cab? Thanks for any info.

Found some taxi prices here, looks as it is the same from the RCCL pier. No words on how much the driver charges for waiting but every time we go to Cozumel, dealing with the drivers was a thing on its own. On that tour, they take care of paying the taxi and return...seems like a very good deal, its less than paying a taxi plus you get to snorkel (guided with equipment included) plus the beach break!

papitos now offers two options for transportation..on All inclusive.. $60 they meet u at pier and roundtrip to Papitos...NO sight seeing. for $75 they arrange the taxi for you and it includes sightseeing. Not a bad del with the troubles some people have with the taxi "fixed" rates.

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you find the $60 option with no sightseeing? I saw that offered, but transportation was not included. The AI $60 one with transportation is just what I'm looking for. The problem with the $35 one is that it's only 5 hours and not AI. On papitos website it mentions upgrading to AI on site, but that doesn't extend the hours, I don't think. The whole thing is a little confusing.

Has anyone done either one , or all?