Best/Inexpensive way to get from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to Port of Miami

princessofthesea

Hello everyone ! My friend and I are planning a cruise out of Miami in April, and we would be flying into Ft. Lauderdale Airport, so we would need to get to Port of Miami. Carnival charges $30 per person each way. Is there a better and cheaper way, or is it best to use Carnival transportation?

Thank you in advance for any help !

Depending upon which hotel you are staying at you might scan the listings on the web pages for SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport -- they all pick up at a different mix of FLL area hotels. Picking the right hotel/shuttle combo could save you a trip back to the airport just to catch a shuttle.

Used MJS transport last month. They were great -- called us to make sure we were ready and I know they track flights too as they were talking on the phone verifying with people while we were riding. $13 pp from FLL to Port of Miami.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Hello everyone ! My friend and I are planning a cruise out of Miami in April, and we would be flying into Ft. Lauderdale Airport, so we would need to get to Port of Miami. Carnival charges $30 per person each way. Is there a better and cheaper way, or is it best to use Carnival transportation?

Thank you in advance for any help !

Ok… original plan was renting the car in FLL for a week, drive to Miami, park at the port, drive back after cruise. Price would be $ 248 for week rental + $ 120 park in the port = $ 368.

All this changed when we got to the Dollar counter at FLL. The nice guy said there is no reason to keep the car for a week if we can just rent for one day before the cruise and for one day after cruise. My reason for the original plan was that we don’t have to deal with transfers, waiting for the shuttle buses. I was willing to pay extra for convenience while traveling with two kids (6 & 13) and one suites case and 3 carry ones. Well… my husband wanted to change this plan and go with what counter guy at Dollar suggested. So here what we did.

Before cruise FLL to MIA

Picked up at car at FLL for a day $ 61. Drove to Miami (about 40 min with no traffic) then another 45 min to Shark Valley (Everglades) for tram tours. Unfortunately, tour was in the late afternoon and we only saw 1 alligator. Seems they come out of the water during winter months because water colder and air warmer. Back to the MIA area to Marriot Residence Inn. Very nice. We had 2 bedroom suite. Very comfy and great breakfast. Wish we stayed longer. We also made a reservation for the car after cruise while in the hotel (so week in advance). Next morning dropped off car in MIA airport and picked up shuttle to the cruise port. No wait at all. Shuttle only about 10 min. At cruise port around 10 am

After cruise (flew home the same day) MIA to FLL

Shuttle picked us up (waited around 15 min). Picked up the car around 10am. Cost $ 51 for a day. Drove to FLL about 30 min right to Everglades again. This time to Everglades Holiday park for airboat tour. This went better as we saw 3 alligators swimming in the water. A little show after the boat ride. About 2.5 hours here. Then drove another 30 min FLL airport. Dropped the car. Plane left without delay at 5.30 to EWR.

So original plan $ 368

Actually rental $ 112

No problem with Dollar shuttle busses, waiting time.

Ok… original plan was renting the car in FLL for a week, drive to Miami, park at the port, drive back after cruise. Price would be $ 248 for week rental + $ 120 park in the port = $ 368.

All this changed when we got to the Dollar counter at FLL. The nice guy said there is no reason to keep the car for a week if we can just rent for one day before the cruise and for one day after cruise. My reason for the original plan was that we don’t have to deal with transfers, waiting for the shuttle buses. I was willing to pay extra for convenience while traveling with two kids (6 & 13) and one suites case and 3 carry ones. Well… my husband wanted to change this plan and go with what counter guy at Dollar suggested. So here what we did.

Before cruise FLL to MIA

Picked up at car at FLL for a day $ 61. Drove to Miami (about 40 min with no traffic) then another 45 min to Shark Valley (Everglades) for tram tours. Unfortunately, tour was in the late afternoon and we only saw 1 alligator. Seems they come out of the water during winter months because water colder and air warmer. Back to the MIA area to Marriot Residence Inn. Very nice. We had 2 bedroom suite. Very comfy and great breakfast. Wish we stayed longer. We also made a reservation for the car after cruise while in the hotel (so week in advance). Next morning dropped off car in MIA airport and picked up shuttle to the cruise port. No wait at all. Shuttle only about 10 min. At cruise port around 10 am

After cruise (flew home the same day) MIA to FLL

Shuttle picked us up (waited around 15 min). Picked up the car around 10am. Cost $ 51 for a day. Drove to FLL about 30 min right to Everglades again. This time to Everglades Holiday park for airboat tour. This went better as we saw 3 alligators swimming in the water. A little show after the boat ride. About 2.5 hours here. Then drove another 30 min FLL airport. Dropped the car. Plane left without delay at 5.30 to EWR.

So original plan $ 368

Actually rental $ 112

No problem with Dollar shuttle busses, waiting time.

I appreciate your in depth reply about your experience. We are traveling in Jan. and I don't want to rent a car. It seems like there is very good public transportation with the trains, trolley, buses, etc. I am now trying to figure out if we can get to Shark valley w/o too much trouble on public transportation or is it necessary to rent a car for the day? Also, my big question is about the alligators. You mentioned that you only saw one b/c they come out of the water in the winter months. If we go in the morning, are we more or less likely to see them? We are thinking of bicycling on the 15 mile trail and really want to see wild life unique to Florida. Any more insight? Thanks!!

I also agree with SAS from FLL to POM!

I also agree. We used them for our trip. They had our flight number and as soon as our flight from chicago landed they called us and told us where to find them. I had their number ready, but didn't need it. They made it so easy. We ended up waiting about 15 minutes after getting on the shuttle for another couple that was on another flight and off we went. I will not hesitate to book them again!

We used MJS last year & they were great! Call Michael at 305 336. 1318. Brand new Mercedes vans. Very prompt & overall a great service. The rate was $13pp each way plus tip for the driver. Will uses the again. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums