MS Ryndam DVD player

Cakeyandbeano

We've just booked our first HAL cruise for next July with 2 teenagers, can anyone tell me if DVD's are available to rent on board & also does anyone know if the players will only play DVDs from USA not Europe. Don't want to bother buying some if they won't work

Also is there a safe in each stateroom, if so how big is it? We are staying in Cat F outside stateroom.

Sorry if this info is elsewhere but I've spent a few days looking through & can't find the answers. I'm sure I'll have loads more questions before next year

Edited by Cakeyandbeano

Every cabin on every HAL ship has a DVD player; it takes US DVDs. There is a booklet by the TV set in which there are listed hundreds of movies and TV shows. There's no charge for the DVDs, although there has been a limit of two at a time (just bring them back and get another ;)).

Every cabin on every HAL ship has a safe. It is plenty large enough inside to hold a wallet, passport, cell phones, credit cards, and some jewelry. The opening is smaller than the inside, so a laptop will not fit in. That can be put away in the lock drawer of the nightstand.

We've just booked our first HAL cruise for next July with 2 teenagers, can anyone tell me if DVD's are available to rent on board & also does anyone know if the players will only play DVDs from USA not Europe. Don't want to bother buying some if they won't work

Also is there a safe in each stateroom, if so how big is it? We are staying in Cat F outside stateroom.

Sorry if this info is elsewhere but I've spent a few days looking through & can't find the answers. I'm sure I'll have loads more questions before next year

Slightly off topic but I see you have booked the Ryndam for next July. We are booked to go on 4th July 2015 and have 2 teenage boys, both 16. Wondering if you are on the same voyage?

Back to your question re DVDs - check out the HALFACTS website as they have the list of available films to borrow that you can download. :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

Slightly off topic but I see you have booked the Ryndam for next July. We are booked to go on 4th July 2015 and have 2 teenage boys, both 16. Wondering if you are on the same voyage?

Back to your question re DVDs - check out the HALFACTS website as they have the list of available films to borrow that you can download. :)

Yes we're on the 4th July cruise, I had looked at the list of DVDs on board & I'm sure there's some they'll watch but they all seemed quite old films hence the reason for maybe taking some

Yes we're on the 4th July cruise, I had looked at the list of DVDs on board & I'm sure there's some they'll watch but they all seemed quite old films hence the reason for maybe taking some

Good to hear that you're on the same cruise and that they'll be a couple more teens on board. Concerned due to travelling in term time that they're won't be many but our 2 will have finished school early after sitting exams. The cinema shows more utd films which are then repeated on cabin tv. There's also a roll call up and running for this trip. All the best :)