Christmas decor

denizdfaz

Hi. My DD10 and I are going on the November 20 Wonder 3 day cruise. I am wondering when Disney decorates the ship for the holidays? It would be so nice if this Thanksgiving week cruise time, the decorations were up and we could do our Christmas cards with photos from this cruise. 91 days 'til our first cruise!:D

The Christmas decor should be up on your cruise. It's mostly limited to the lobby area (very pretty) and some stuff in the dining rooms. The tree is really pretty and once they do the tree lighting ceremony it remains lit for the rest of the cruise. I'm not sure if they'll light it on the first day like they did on my cruise (early Dec) or wait until the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Once the decorationa are up, they have a tree lighting ceremony for each cruise. Usually the first evening of the cruise.

It is fun, you sing Christmas carols, have Santa Goofy and friends there too. Usually one lucky family gets to help with the lighting of the tree, and after it lights up, it starts snowing in the atrium! That is really a neat thing to have happen.

mom x4,grandma x4

Last January, I believe it was the 3rd, the decorations were still up on the Wonder. But the night before we returned they took down the gingerbread house and as we were getting off the ship they were getting ready to take down the rest of the decorations. It looks so bare after they take all the decorations down.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived