Shore excursion best price success?

jdcml

So I'm looking at some different options for shore excursion for an upcoming cruise. I've seen a little talk about the best price guarantee where they will give you 110% of the difference back as an OBC.

I read the details that it needs to be booked in advance and submitted in advance, etc. BUT, I see that the excursions must match exactly down to the length of time. So a private page says 2.5 hours but the Carnival page shows 2 hours...to me thats the same trip really but technically it is different.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck with this promotion. No shore excursion is going to tell you that they are the same as the ship and typically they can't and won't sell direct anyway based on their contracts. Does this mean that any snorkel trip of 2 hours will match up? The reefs may be different so then its really a different trip.

Seems like there is a lot of wiggle room and too much hassle to make this worthwhile.

I got one for an excursion at Mahogany Bay. The excursion has to match. If the reef or location is different, Carnival will claim their excursion is superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sent in two claims, both were originally denied.

One, for Roatan, was a trip to Tabyana Beach for $39 through Carnival. I found a local vendor who offered a similar excursion to West Bay Beach for $29. Carnival's original denial claimed West Bay Beach was on the other side of the island. I replied (with a map) that Tabyana was a part of West Bay Beach, so therefore similar. I was then awarded $11 in OBC.

The other for Belize, was a 5 1/2 hr. trip to Caulker Cay thru Carnival to snorkel the reef and swim with nurse sharks and stingrays for maybe $89 or 99, no lunch. I had found Coral Breeze with a 5 hr trip, same Caulker Cay snorkel and shark/ray encounter with lunch for maybe $69. Carnival denial cited the 1/2 hr time difference. I replied that the actual experience on both excursions were identical, except that lunch was included on Coral Breeze. Carnival persisted in their denial because of the 1/2 hr time difference. No refund or OBC.

I was wondering the same thing. I want to book string ray and the turtle farm in grand cayman. The discount excursions .com site is lower but if I can book through Carnival and get the match that would be great

I had the Stingray + Turtle booked thru Carnival already. I just submitted a price match. My guess is they will deny due to no visit to Hell, but if they do, I'll prob just cancel carnival and go with the one you suggested because its cheaper and includes snorkling at coral gardens.

I'll let you know what they say.

Jaimee

I have to say I am very impressed

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim. We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an on board credit of $79.16. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this on board credit which will only show once on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk