Century - Hemisphere Lounge

timtam2

I'm just off Century and can report that all the fogged up windows have finally been replaced. A group of workmen replaced several windows each time the ship was in port. I guess they are starting on some of the easier refurb work before she ends up in Singapore for her pre handover dry dock.

The crew were wonderful and overall, Century was in excellent condition.

We were on the 10th October cruise also and absolutely loved the Century. The ship was in excellent condition and the food in the MDR was as good if not better than our Solstice cruise in April. Service and crew are first class.

We were worried after reading lots of negative reviews of the Century but decided to go and decide for ourselves and were so glad we did.

All I can say is there are plenty of people with very very high expectations that write reviews on this website and to be honest I think they influence people's decisions regarding whether to go on a particular ship. Some of the criticism of the Century is clearly unwarranted and exaggerated. My advice is don't believe all you read in relation to this ship. We've been on 25 cruises and this was as good as any of them.

I have to agree that the Century is a lovely ship and the crew is amazing! We were aboard her for our first Celebrity cruise and fell in love with the service and all that the line offers. We knew going in that Century was not a new ship but we actually loved the warmth and charm that she exudes. I hope we are not disappointed again to be on a glitzy, dazzling new ship next February. :p