QE2 Winter-Crossings

Ab Ovo

I'm trying to get on the January 2006 crossing myself. Cunard does not respond to email booking requests or messages sent to the World Club desk (shameful service). The travel agent indicated all single occupancy M level cabins are booked.

May I ask what you heard re pricing? Are there any good deals on either of the winter crossing yet?

Julia

I am booked in an MI for January 06 crossing. I will give you a shout if I upgrade and hence free up a cabin for you.

And yes, Cunard UK does give terrible service. If it wasn't for my QE2 addiction I would never need to use them.

Hi Jon and Julia -- Yes, going on 03 January 06 transatlantic, too. Looking forward to a round! (Anyone on then, it's a good time to book the next one.)This crossing may well be full, all the good single cabins gone. Julia, I'd double-check any travel agent by speaking directly with the Cunard folk in California via 1-800-5-CUNARD. Maybe they can get you on. Good luck!

Pricing-wise, I doubt there will be any "deals" if the ship is running full, nor any upgrades, but hey, it's the QE2 and we may all be on! :)

Dear Ab Ovo,

My travel agent got me a guarantee booking for the crossing. I'm booked as a single occupant of a double cabin and the pricing came up much lower than the Cunard website's price for an MO cabin.

This will be my fifth time onboard QE2 and my second transatlantic crossing, but the first time for a winter crossing. Can anyone fill me in on the special magic?

Thanks,

Julia

For fans of a QE2 winter crossing: she leaves Southampton 02 January 2007 for New York. Book now! :) I did this morning.:)

My travel agent (a former Cunard agent) advises me that the Jan. '07 crossing is being offered in the UK market only, with a 50/50 chance of the crossing being opened up to the US market.

What's up with that?!

kj

I called Cunard and tried to book on the QE2 from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale at the start of the 2007 World Cruise. After going through all of the motions of making what I thought to be a firm booking, she said that the ship leaves Southampton on April 20 something and arrives in Ft. Lauderdale eight nights later. Her computer screen was not showing the dates that I requested. Well, I told her the trip that I want to make leaves Southampton on January 2. The poor uninformed reservationist was at a loss, but eventually did tell me, after I told her to call me back with correct information, that the January crossing is only being marketed in Europe currently. Dutifully she told me I had an April booking in a guaranteed P-4 room, and she asked me if I wanted to keep it.

It was frustrating going through all of the motions. I do want to make a winter crossing on the QE2. I am ready to book and deposit now, but I would much prefer dealing with a reservationist that is truly familliar with the product. She asked me if I wanted early or late seating for the Princess Grill amongst other statements that showed there was not a good understanding of the ship being sold. I also have the strong feeling that despite me saying several times it is the QE2 that I wish to travel on the April crossing that was erroneously booked is the QM2 wrapping up her Round The World In Eighty Days cruise.

:confused: Uh oh! Need I check with another call to another res. agent? Usually I ask to be switched to the World Club Desk (the air is better in Oregon, they seem sharper). I could call Miss SunnyAndBrightness again, I have her name and number "for future", and some res. nos. for me to turn the booking over to my favored travel agent, once a long-time Cunard employee. "Oh yes, we know her, we speak to her often."

I explained the way-in-advance request for the 2007 QE2 World Cruise crossing, only Sou-NYC. No problem. Nothing about being marketed only in the UK so far, nothing about holding cabins for people booking long stints on board.

On this coming January on that crossing, I can double/triple check on them all, if need be. From the many sounds from this board, I may well need be!

Archived