late flight out of Ft Lauderdale

saltycat

There is the fort Lauderdale water taxi as well as a new free shuttle service that will show you the Venice of America. Leisurely tour multi million dollar views, narrated tour.

We did the water taxi last Saturday. It is about $22/pp and we could hop on and off throughout the day!

...and, in case you don't know, Fort Lauderdale is not an airport where it is easy to spend a great amount of time. I'm sure they do their best but the wait areas, bars, restaurants, and overall options/comforts for passing time are pretty sparse.

Enjoy being around the town, and get to the airport as close to your flight as you feel comfortable.

Our family really enjoyed the Everglades Airboat tour. They stow your luggage on the bus, and you get dropped off at the airport afterwards.

Second that! We had a great time on this tour!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I live in South Florida and when some friends came down to cruise we went on an airboat ride like tourists and it was pretty cool! We saw a LOT of gators. I think we went to Everglades Holiday Park for it.

If you're into shopping, others have mentioned the outlet mall (Sawgrass Mills).

We have a 6 pm flight out of Ft Lauderdale after returning from our cruise in January, Looking for suggestions as to how to spend the day....planning on luggage valet so we won't have to drag the luggage around all day

Thanks

What cruiseline are you on? Wondering if Celebrity does valet for Southwest at FLL.

Rodeway Inn & Suites has a day pass and free shuttle from port & to airport from hotel. Might be a good place to store luggage, hang out at the pool, free wifi, take a nap.

Nearby Attractions Secret Woods Nature Center - 0.2 mi Billfish Marina - 0.5 mi Naval Air Station Fort Lauderdale Museum - 1.2 mi IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame and Museum - 1.9 mi Sunview Park - 2.1 mi Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum - 2.2 mi American Offshore Marina - 2.3 mi Boomers - 2.5 mi Ramgoh Marina - 2.6 mi K1 Speed - 2.7 mi Water Taxi - 2.7 mi Broward Center for the Performing Arts - 2.8 mi Harbor Shops - 2.8 mi Patrick J. Meli Park and Community Center - 2.8 mi Museum of Discovery and Science - 2.8 mi

Note: valet service depends on your ship the last two years in FLL we sailed on Independence OTS & Legend OTS and planned/counted on valet service but it was not available & yes I confirmed with RCI via phone prior to sailing and they assured me valet service would be available.

Edited by travelbuddies