Tell me about the Chef's Table

candigirl

I am taking a friend on a birthday cruise in January. There is not a steak house on the Inspiration so I was thinking this might be a good option. I have never done the Chef's table before and don't even know if it is something I can book in advance. Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

Seating is extremely limited - so if it is something you want to do sign up as soon as you board the ship.

As SadieN mentioned, you can try email, but that is not "officially supported" - you may get lucky!

That all said - we've done it twice and it really is a special treat.

The two times we have booked the Chef's Table we email before the cruise. I emailed about a month ago for our cruise in April. We received the confirmation email a few days after requesting spots. We email the request and include names, booking number, sailing date, and room number.

You would need to email ISmaitred@carnival.com to contact the maitre'd on the inspiration since you said there is no steakhouse (otherwise you would be emailing the steakhouse).

The Chef's Table is well worth it :D

I have booked by email a few times and always heard back in a couple if days. It would be a good idea to print out a copy of the confirmation email and bring it along just incase something gets lost by the time of your cruise.

I'm trying to book this for my husband's birthday. I emailed the John Heald site, but should I try emailing the maitre'd as well? What would the email be for the Triumph? Thanks much :)

I was on the Triumph for the Chef's table. I don't remember the email but I will try to look for it. I actually got signed up along time before hand. Some of the Chefs working there sounded like they thought I was a secret employee since I was signed up so early. LOL Remember at the end they give the ladies a cook book with all of Carnival recipes in it, and the guys get the bill. Go figure....:cool:

Here are some photos. This of course was from Triumph. They have it in the Library. At one point they were a little mixed up on time. So keep checking with the front to make sure the time for the chefs table is correct.

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

The Chef's Table is amazing. Make sure you don't eat too much during the day because you won't be able to get through every course otherwise. Dress nicely, but wear comfy clothes. Also, wear shoes that have a good sized heel on them or else you might not get to see all parts of the kitchen during the pre-dinner tour. Spiked heels are NOT recommended. They will ask you about food allergies and preferences (e.g. vegetarian) in advance.

The shorter 3-5 day cruises only have one (or maybe two, if there is enough demand) Chef's Tables. If there isn't a presentation setup for the Steakhouse in the Atrium when you board the ship, head straight to the Steakhouse to find out when the Chef's Table is scheduled and book it. I have been on 3-day cruises where they didn't bother with the presentation table in the Atrium at all, and only found out afterward that there was a Chef's Table on the cruise.

I wouldn't rely on emailing. They don't have an obligation to respond to requests.

Here are the ship codes then you just attach it to the correct address Maitre d' vs. Steakhouse.

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

IMO i would always at least try to email the steakhouse for reservations of chef's Table. We always email before hand and get the confirmation email. There are such limited spots (two dinners of 12 guests per 7 day sailing) that they could sell out before you embark. The chef's table is getting popular on the carnival board and i know that we have many people from our roll call booked/or looking to book.

A word about allergies. We just did Chef's table on the Splendor where we were contacted prior to the dinner by phone to ask about allergies. I have a pecan/walnut allergy which I clearly stated and was seemingly noted however that did not stop the chef from serving a praline dessert to us.

We did the Chef's Tables on The Valor a couple of years ago, well worth the 75.00, they treat you like royalty and I can guarantee your water glass or wine glass will never be empty. We even had a magician come to the table to entertain us during an eating break. I liken the experience to the television show Iron Chef...the Chef describes the course after is brought to you...as another poster said, don't eat too much during the day because I can guarantee you will be very full at the end of the experience.

RECEPTION

Mango Sphere, Rosemary Biscuit

*Salmon Tartar Cornets, Sesame Seeds

*Beef Carpaccio on Air Pillow, Chocolate Bacon, Apple Ribbons

Double Cooked Lamb, Tapioca

MENU

Beet Blanket, Spiced Grape Tea

Asparagus, Cauliflower, Honey Carrot Tian, Mache, Lemon Streusel

Crab Stack

Corn Custard, Polenta Cracker, Tangerine, Passion Caviar

*Duck Textures

Creamy Quinoa, Parmesan Churros, Olive Snow, Port Wine Jus

Bisque Our Way

Two Tomatoes, Three Basil, Crisped Brioche, Garlic Chip

Sea Bass

Chorizo Crust, Fried Pop Corn Pudding, Lemon Macaroon, Lobster Foam

Wagyu

Bone Marrow Soufflé, Scallion & Garlic Panisse, Gremolata Crisp

Pastry Chef

Sea Salt Praline Chocolate, Raspberry Mojito, Key Lime Cake,

Apricot Vanilla Gel, Citrus Cream

Edited by scottydog123
Bad proofreading

A word about allergies. We just did Chef's table on the Splendor where we were contacted prior to the dinner by phone to ask about allergies. I have a pecan/walnut allergy which I clearly stated and was seemingly noted however that did not stop the chef from serving a praline dessert to us.

Its funny you said Splendor. Our main chef was from the Splendor too but was filling in for the Triumph. When they had the power outage, he was the chef who had to deal with it. We of course messed with him during dinner about that. Saying all people got were cheese sandwiches. He said it wasn't that bad.

This all the guys from the Triumph that did the chefs table. The main chef is the 2nd from the right, who isn't wearing a hat.

DSC00413.jpg

I am taking a friend on a birthday cruise in January.

There is not a steak house on the Inspiration so I was thinking this might be a good option.

I have never done the Chef's table before and don't even know if it is

something I can book in advance. Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

Hi Candigirl :)

I just wanted to drop you this link:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/ChefsTable.htm

Have a wonderful voyage!

:)

We just rec'd an email confirmation for the Chef's Table on our upcoming cruise(s). Along with it, the Maitre'd mentioned a Chef's Table Menu change beginning tonight??

The last we heard the menu was Cornish Hen, Salmon and Short ribs....all available on the MDR menu at times??:rolleyes:

If anyone takes in the Chef's Table in the next few days, please relay the menu info, if you get a chance. Much appreciated:)

We just rec'd an email confirmation for the Chef's Table on our upcoming cruise(s). Along with it, the Maitre'd mentioned a Chef's Table Menu change beginning tonight??

The last we heard the menu was Cornish Hen, Salmon and Short ribs....all available on the MDR menu at times??:rolleyes:

If anyone takes in the Chef's Table in the next few days, please relay the menu info, if you get a chance. Much appreciated:)

Well, I am not sure if this menu is fleet wide, but here is the one the Maitre'd sent yesterday for our upcoming cruise. It says Glory on it, but we are sailing on the Fascination, so maybe it is fleet wide???:)

Copy of Chef Table menu 2014.pdf