Allure of the Seas WiFi cost

I am sailing on the Allure of the Seas for the New Year's Eve cruise this year. I was wondering if anyone knew what the price of the unlimited WiFi package was like. When I went on the Allure in March of 2013 I remember purchasing the unlimited wifi for $100. However I think I remember seeing it was like $170 now somewhere on the internet. I was just wondering if someone had a more recent price.

I am sailing on the Allure of the Seas for the New Year's Eve cruise this year. I was wondering if anyone knew what the price of the unlimited WiFi package was like. When I went on the Allure in March of 2013 I remember purchasing the unlimited wifi for $100. However I think I remember seeing it was like $170 now somewhere on the internet. I was just wondering if someone had a more recent price.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44706444&postcount=18

Unless you are INSANE and are running a Fortune 500 company from the ship, you do not need the most expensive package.

We have the middle one (note that it is only $10 more than the basic pkg) is FAST and reliable.

It is a pleasant surprise after the frustration of internet on the Explorer!!!

I am sending this from my cabin on the Allure, from my phone, with no difficulty whatsoever.

:)

Unless you are INSANE and are running a Fortune 500 company from the ship, you do not need the most expensive package.

We have the middle one (note that it is only $10 more than the basic pkg) is FAST and reliable.

It is a pleasant surprise after the frustration of internet on the Explorer!!!

I am sending this from my cabin on the Allure, from my phone, with no difficulty whatsoever.

:)

Do pictures send quickly with he middle package? When I have bought the internet packages in the past they were decent for iMessages and email, but really struggled with posting pictures online.

I'll gladly sign up for the Premium Plus. :) I have a 90meg x 10meg connection at home so I'm used to doing stuff at a certain speed and will gladly pay the $$ for a "normal" connection on the ship.

I'm probably in the minority on this but at least RCCL finally purchased a clue and upgraded to proper internet connectivity. :D

I'll gladly sign up for the Premium Plus. :) I have a 90meg x 10meg connection at home so I'm used to doing stuff at a certain speed and will gladly pay the $$ for a "normal" connection on the ship.

I'm probably in the minority on this but at least RCCL finally purchased a clue and upgraded to proper internet connectivity. :D

I can honestly see me signing up for the Premium Plus to be able to upload large pictures--and movies--easily.

The idea of streaming Netflix or HBO Go in my cabin while I get ready for bed is appealing. Might need to pack speakers for my iPad! :D

Not to bring negativity to the thread, but unless you're running a business and have to be able to get in touch, why would you want Wifi on a ship? :confused:

I'm on my laptop 6-10 hours a day at work, on my phone when eating, and using my Surface around the house. I specifically didn't get the wifi last time so I could have an actual VACATION!!! :D

To eat their own I guess...

Not to bring negativity to the thread, but unless you're running a business and have to be able to get in touch, why would you want Wifi on a ship? :confused:

I'm on my laptop 6-10 hours a day at work, on my phone when eating, and using my Surface around the house. I specifically didn't get the wifi last time so I could have an actual VACATION!!! :D

Please don't eat your own! :eek:

I never understand these post.

Some people like to stay in touch with family and friends while on vacation. ;)

I never understand these post.

Some people like to stay in touch with family and friends while on vacation. ;)

I figure a week or two without hearing from me isn't going to kill my family, probably do them some good! :D

I just can't imagine paying lots of money and then spending that vacation time using electronics. But I'm a techy kinda guy so my life tends to revolve around electronics. A big part of the vacation for me is having a great excuse to get away from it.

I figure a week or two without hearing from me isn't going to kill my family, probably do them some good! :D

I just can't imagine paying lots of money and then spending that vacation time using electronics. But I'm a techy kinda guy so my life tends to revolve around electronics. A big part of the vacation for me is having a great excuse to get away from it.

Unless you are asked to buy other's wifi don't worry about how they vacation! :eek:

And how else would Cruise Critics be able to read and see my adventures live from my cruises?!?!?

;) :D

I have bought the wifi package on my last few cruises and I always say to myself, "this is the cruise I am going to do a live review." And... it never happens! Glad some of my fellow CC members have more discipline than me!