How much more will it be if book excursion on boat

michelle.zhang.90

Are you saying you booked the excursion online through Princess and were charged a higher price once onboard? That should not happen! As a precaution, I print out my excursion info and take it along. If they were ever to charge me a higher price, I would have proof.

Sorry that happened to you.

While this has never ever happed to us, I do print out our excursion info just in case. ;)

LuLu

We booked a cruise on line at one price, but on board we were charged a higher price and they refused to honor the online price.

I have always been charged the price at time of booking. But, just in case, I bring a printout of the booking information.

The current version now has a printable page which lists your pre-booked excursions, the cost for each, and the total cost.

If you had proof at home of the price you booked, contacting Princess after the cruise should have gotten a refund of the overcharge for you.

You can reserve - but on pay - ahead of time and take advantage of the (potentially) reduced rate. You aren't charged until you are on the cruise so the cost can be offset by the OBC. We were on a Princess excursion last Thursday (in Jamaica) that I had reserved about 6 weeks in advance for $65 and used OBC to pay. On the ship the same excursion was $69.

Thanks so much, Capriccio! I want to book my shore excursions as far in advance as I can for an upcoming cruise, but I have $200 OBC's towards tours. I'm glad to know that I can still reserve in advance and use the OBC's towards paying for them.

Edited by Mackenzie1

Regarding Ensenada, I have been there a couple of times, most recently this past April, and have never felt any sense of danger. We were in port for the better part of the day, not just one or two hours. We did take the ships wine tour to the Guadalupe Valley, which was inexpensive and very enjoyable. After the tour, we left our purchases on the ship and strolled to the fish market. we had a delicious lunch of fish tacos, ceviche and margaritas at one one the many small restaurants across from the market. We then wandered around Avenida Lopez Mateos and strolled back to the ship. The streets were filled with tourists and it was a lovely, leisurely day. If you stay in the populated tourist areas, I don't think you have much to worry about. BTW, when I was in Ensenada, several years ago, the ship also spent the day there and again, we had a lovely time.