Water taxi drop off point

hjrell

We have been to St Maarten 3 times so instead of taking an excursion, we are hoping to take a water taxi to Phillipsburg but are confused about which stop to get off at.

If I read correctly on other threads, we keep to the left at the end of the pier to catch the water taxi, but how do we know which stop to get off? We are really just wanting to walk through the shops and see what is there.

We have already been to Orient Beach and Maho (highly recommend both) so this time we just want to check out Phillipsburg.

We have been to St Maarten 3 times so instead of taking an excursion, we are hoping to take a water taxi to Phillipsburg but are confused about which stop to get off at.

If I read correctly on other threads, we keep to the left at the end of the pier to catch the water taxi, but how do we know which stop to get off? We are really just wanting to walk through the shops and see what is there.

We have already been to Orient Beach and Maho (highly recommend both) so this time we just want to check out Phillipsburg.

It will be the first stop at the main pier Great Bay and where mostly everyone else will be getting off too....$7.00pp all day pass...but we just usually need to use it round trip. Enjoy !!

I don't think that you can guarantee that downtown (center of town) will be the first stop, but it is pretty easy to tell where you're headed and if you want the heart of shopping and beach,as opposed to being dropped near a marina, you will be able to tell.

gary

I don't think that you can guarantee that downtown (center of town) will be the first stop, but it is pretty easy to tell where you're headed and if you want the heart of shopping and beach,as opposed to being dropped near a marina, you will be able to tell.

gary

Have used the water taxi every time we've been to this port and it's always been the first drop off for us...Your experience may have been different, but chances are very good it will be the same for the OP that we've experienced ;)

gary

I didn't know that they had other stops other than the one right there by the boardwalk... What other stops does it have?