Private Tour Etiquette

Swells1

The three of us are booked through Victor Bodden next month, and I have a few questions.

What is an acceptable tip for the driver? Ten per person? Twenty?

I've seen reviews and ads for restaurants in Roatan. Any suggestions?

If we do decide to eat, what happens to the driver? Do we invite him to eat with us? Should I offer to buy him a meal? Does he just hang out in the vehicle and wait for us?

Help!!

We have used Bodden 3x. Sometimes the driver will eat or have a drink sometimes they will not(I always offer).

I usually give them $20 for our family.

We typically go to West Bay beach. The driver sits with our stuff while we snorkel. We also have ziplined 2x with Bodden. They have several Monkeys and birds to interact with at their farm. The driver will take u wherever u want on the private tour. Its worth the extra $$ to go where U want and when U want.

As for food, we have only been to Bananarama for pizza and The beach club. Both were good but we didn't order anything fancy. Beach club is not as busy as Bananarama.

Edited by BlueHonu

We just did Bodden Tours. Highly recommend! There was just the two of us. Our guide was George. He was the best! We asked him to take us to a great local place for lunch. He took us to a great little local place. The food was the best we had on the entire cruise (except the steakhouse.) We bought his lunch and at the end of the day we tipped him $30. Will request him again!

Hope this helps.

So is it customary to invite the driver to lunch? Do they expect it? I think that would be fun, but others in my group might want to "talk amongst ourselves" more privately. Also, I would not be surprised if the driver gets some kind of incentive from the restaurant owner anyway. Seems like a lot of potential for awkwardness.

So is it customary to invite the driver to lunch? Do they expect it? I think that would be fun, but others in my group might want to "talk amongst ourselves" more privately. Also, I would not be surprised if the driver gets some kind of incentive from the restaurant owner anyway. Seems like a lot of potential for awkwardness.

I think either way is fine. In a larger group, we might be more inclined to not have him. But, it was just the two of us, and we really wanted him to join us. I have no idea what is customary, it was just what we wanted to do.

He never asked about lunch. We told him that we'd like to eat at a local place, and that we'd like grilled chicken, rice and beans, and plantains. He thought for a minute, and said he knew of a place. That exact combination wasn't even on the menu, but we told the server what we wanted, and in a short while she delivered the most amazing, tasty meal!

You'll know what seems right when the time comes. We loved George and really wanted his company.