Quick Question about Snorkeling

sailinghappy

We've been snorkeling once before off the beach. It was with NCL on their private island.This time we will be snorkeling with an excursion off of a boat.

My question is what do we do with our stuff? ex. money, room keys etc.. Are the lockers or anything or should we just trust people on board that everything will be there when we get back. ?:confused:

I've gone snorkeling off the boat excursions several times and never had a problem leaving anything onboard. There are no lockers that I'm aware of; you just leave your bag under your seat. But I usually just take my backpack with a towel, the ship room card, and very little money. I've also left my camera, video camera on board and they've always been exactly where I left them when I got back. I would say that overall the people are very trustworthy in Bermuda. Of course there can always be that "exception to the rule" but I have never experienced it. Actually, I'd be more nervous about leaving my stuff on the beach!

Hope this helps!

When people are on a cat or boat excursion they generally check their belongings after the swim or as the vessel is returning back to port. If anything were to be amiss, you would have a captive audience. Someone inclined to theft mike not take the chance, howerver, on the beach, they can take your stuff and take off/walk away.

I've been on many snorkel trips, and I've never been afraid to leave my stuff. I don't bring much, like the previous poster said, but you really don't have to worry. I don't think most people who go on these excursions would take anything. Have a wonderful time!:D

I've been on many snorkel trips, and I've never been afraid to leave my stuff. I don't bring much, like the previous poster said, but you really don't have to worry. I don't think most people who go on these excursions would take anything. Have a wonderful time!:D

Just wanted to add for the OP that most people on this excursion would not steal as I stated above the opportunity is not ripe for theft. It is not that those who go on excursions would not steal. In any group of people there may be someone with a propensity for theft. However, the opportunity needs to be present - that one can get away with the behavior and not get caught.

People have been stealing from others on Ocean Liners for a very long time. Ships used to warn passengers in first and second class to be on the lookout for card sharks and jewel thieves. Human nature being what it is....but on snorkel and cat excurions have not been afraid to leave anything, but as others have posted, carry as little as possbile any way for when you get off the vessel.

Archived