Pride

Still there as at 8;50pm.....??????

Kind of dark all over the ''bow'' end, top to bottom.

No sign of activity on deck.

Not much sign of activity on higher decks either.

Can't quite tell if gangway is still tied up....but the goods door far forward

appears to be still ''attached'' to a loading plank.

From my personal experience I don't think this crew is as organized as other ships . I was on the pride out of Baltimore last year and it wasn't like that , and I did three sailings out of Tampa on The Paradise and Legend all of them were sailing past the bridge around 5 . I hope for the people on the cruise and on upcoming cruises they get their act together .

Yes, looks like they all are ready for beddie bye time..Kinda dark

Forward plank was just taken in so they must be getting ready to leave..

Well ropes are pulled in and they are OFF on their adventure..;)

Edited by Granny1

What a joke. Wish i could get my money back

You haven't even sailed yet and you want your money back??? :eek: You don't even know what caused the delay. They were very possibly late getting into port yesterday considering the dense fog that was in Tampa Bay. Or it could have been delayed for other reasons. We can hardly stand the wait for our cruise on her, delayed or not.

You haven't even sailed yet and you want your money back??? :eek: You don't even know what caused the delay. They were very possibly late getting into port yesterday considering the dense fog that was in Tampa Bay. Or it could have been delayed for other reasons. We can hardly stand the wait for our cruise on her, delayed or not.

The ship made it to Port on time . The crew isn't the most organized . I think they have a lot of new people to the ship and they just need to learn to work better as a team . Hopefully that gets resolved in future cruises .

My point was, we don't know exactly what caused the delay in leaving, all we can do is speculate. Regardless, it still left. The poster quoted wishes he could get his money back and hasn't even been on board yet nor can he predict that his cruise will have the same or similar issue.

A few hours delay in leaving port is reason to want to get a refund and not go???

My point was, we don't know exactly what caused the delay in leaving, all we can do is speculate. Regardless, it still left. The poster quoted wishes he could get his money back and hasn't even been on board yet nor can he predict that his cruise will have the same or similar issue.

A few hours delay in leaving port is reason to want to get a refund and not go???

Agreed a few hour delay is not a reason to need a refund . I was on this past sailing . I like Carnival and will probably take another cruise with them down the road at some point . I had a good trip despite several issues that Carnival probably could have controlled but this trip definitely had a different vibe from my past Carnival Vacations . Everytime I left a Carnival Cruise I always was excited at the opportunity to shop for the next cruise but not this time .

I'm sure a lot of people who booked the Pride for the near future are excited about the new features as I was before I went too . However some people feel the need to make excuses for the ship . I wont blindly defend the brand , at this time they have issues on this ship . The good news for those of you going in the near future is people are being critical and hopefully Carnival takes notice so they can fix the problems and make your cruise better . Many of the things people are complaining about are fixable and they need to be more organized .I hope Carnival fixes some of those things and you have a great cruise .

Agreed a few hour delay is not a reason to need a refund . I was on this past sailing . I like Carnival and will probably take another cruise with them down the road at some point . I had a good trip despite several issues that Carnival probably could have controlled but this trip definitely had a different vibe from my past Carnival Vacations . Everytime I left a Carnival Cruise I always was excited at the opportunity to shop for the next cruise but not this time .

I'm sure a lot of people who booked the Pride for the near future are excited about the new features as I was before I went too . However some people feel the need to make excuses for the ship . I wont blindly defend the brand , at this time they have issues on this ship . The good news for those of you going in the near future is people are being critical and hopefully Carnival takes notice so they can fix the problems and make your cruise better . Many of the things people are complaining about are fixable and they need to be more organized .I hope Carnival fixes some of those things and you have a great cruise .

Wanna briefly share what those issues are beyond what could be contributed to the recent upgrades and crew?

sra12574,

I don't disagree with you and I'm not blindly defending, but for the poster to say the ship is a joke and you wishes he could get his money back, for a cruise he hasn't even been on, seems like a pretty excessive reaction to me. Especially when no cause for the delay was posted so was unknown.

Wanna briefly share what those issues are beyond what could be contributed to the recent upgrades and crew?

The recent upgrades were fine . Other then the bacon on Guys burgers not having much flavor . I did enjoy the Blue Iguana while it was open . It was open for breakfast and till 230 for lunch .

I have somewhere here that details some issues . My expectations were set by past Carnival cruises . Although Carnival did make some nice changes with the 2.0 features they also could have used that time to catch up with some basic upkeep on the ship . At port before the sailing Carnival was trying to get people excited saying basicly this is a new ship .

The ship was dirty compared to the other cruises I took with Carnival on the Pride , Legend and Paradise .

The bathrooms near the MDR did not have functioning air dryers or paper towels available the whole cruise .

The hot Tub wasn't hot for the first two days .

Some of the chair pads on the Serenity Deck were dirty the first day I didn't notice them later on in the cruise .

For the most part service in the MDR is a little slow and I'm fine with that but Day 2 dinner the waitstaff was horrible . People ordered the same items and one person would get it and the other person wouldn't . I received my chilled strawberry bisque after my lobster , the sad thing was the bisque was warmer then the lobster . After the entrees we ordered coffee and dessert . They brought coffee cups for half the people at the table and didn't come back with more cups for twenty minutes . But they still bring the coffee or the dessert for anyone . At that point I had other things to do that night I walked out . I skipped the MDR the next night because of that service and fortunately had a new waitstaff the rest of the cruise .

At Cozumel they started to let people off the ship and then stopped . Another Carnival ship that was scheduled for port later that day was early . They stopped people from leaving the pride while the other ship docked on the other side of the pier . It was an hour waiting in the hallways like cattle and then having to compete with another cruise ship worth of passengers for taxis to get away from port . They should have at least held the one ship till at least their scheduled arrival to allow the pride passengers a smoother departure from the port after the delay .

Belize they handled the tender situation pretty good . They said to go to the stage on the Lido deck at 830 and get a tender sticker . I got there at 830 and a crew member was handing out stickers and I just had to wait till they called the zone . Grand Cayman however had the same instructions however the person handling the process was 25 minutes late . At 830 there was maybe 30 people waiting patiently sitting on the lounges by the stage by the time she showed up it swelled to an ugly mob where people were pushing trying to get ahead of people . This would not have happened if the schedule was observed .

The funtimes were often innacurate with events scheduled that were not happening or were going on at another place on the ship .

The chefs choice for Lunch was often different then what was published . I was actually happy about that one day because I liked the choice better then what was published . One day they had suggestions for what to do in Freeport which is from old pride itinaries not the current one . It was on the middle page and for the most part that day mentioned the correct port .

I think these are issues that the cruiseline could have done a better job and I hold them accountable . IF I was sick because I didn't have sunscreen and felt sick because of sunpoisoning I would not fault the cruisline or if it rained the day I was at my favorite port .