12:30pm Flight out of Barcelona - Can we make it?

resstation

We've never cruised out of a European port and I am not familiar with distances/times/traffic to and from the airports. We are sailing in the YC in June and on our last cruise on the Divina out of Miami we were off the ship quickly and early (we carry our own bags). Can we make a 12:30p flight out of the Barcelona airport or is that cutting it way too close? We're flying to NYC.

I have cruised from Barcelona on MSC Spledida, and flown in and out of Barcelona.

I would say that a 12:30 flight would be out of the question unless everything runs perfectly to plan. The airport is a about a 45 to 50 minute drive from the port but if you are getting off the cruise at say 9:30am you will be in the middle of the rush hour and delays are inevitable. Check in for international flights closes 45 minutes prior to departure.

Personally I hate rushing and believe that the stress just isn't worth it.

I would recommend a night or two in Barcelona after your cruise, it is a fantastic city with lots to do. Check this out on Trip Advisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g187497-d1520718-Reviews-Ayre_Hotel_Rosellon-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

I can recommend this hotel at around $150 a night, also the hop on hop off bus and a vist to Parque Guell.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/members-citypage/RossWelsh/g187497

I have cruised from Barcelona on MSC Spledida, and flown in and out of Barcelona.

I would say that a 12:30 flight would be out of the question unless everything runs perfectly to plan. The airport is a about a 45 to 50 minute drive from the port but if you are getting off the cruise at say 9:30am you will be in the middle of the rush hour and delays are inevitable. Check in for international flights closes 45 minutes prior to departure.

Personally I hate rushing and believe that the stress just isn't worth it.

I would recommend a night or two in Barcelona after your cruise, it is a fantastic city with lots to do. Check this out on Trip Advisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g187497-d1520718-Reviews-Ayre_Hotel_Rosellon-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

I can recommend this hotel at around $150 a night, also the hop on hop off bus and a vist to Parque Guell.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/members-citypage/RossWelsh/g187497

Thanks so much! That's just what I needed to know. I don't like rushing either. Especially at the end of a cruise. We'll take a night or two afterwards. We're going to fly in a couple nights early too - to get used to the time change before we cruise. Thanks again.

What time does the ship actually dock? Some of the calls at Barcelona don't arrive until just after midday. If you are due to dock at 8am, you will probBly make that flight, however of you're not docking until 10 pr 11 pr later, then no chance.

Barcelona is rarely the main embarkation port for MSC, so there are never loads of passengers getting off there. Genoa is normally the main port but without knowing the itinerary of the cruise you are on, I'm just guessing.

Just realised I do know your itinerary as I'm on the same cruise, albeit I embark 2 days later in Naples.

We are due to dock at 9.00 and being in YC you'll have priority to get off. Depending on local immigration, you should be able to get off sometime between 9.30 and 10. So you should be able to get to the airport by 10.15-10.45.