To Celebrity Cruises.."official"

midwestchick

Hi all,

We will have an update today on the status of this. Thank you for being patient on this one.

This is disappointing.

Sadly, "today" has now come and gone.

Where is the update we were promised?

Hi all,

Apologies that we did not have the information yesterday as promised. Additionally, our team has let us know that they continue to work on this, and plan to have this fixed this month. We will let you know once the fix is live.

We don't have a specific date at this time, and don't have any additional information at this time. As we learn more, we will share as much as we can. Thank you all for your continued patience on this.

Hi all,

Apologies that we did not have the information yesterday as promised. Additionally, our team has let us know that they continue to work on this, and plan to have this fixed this month. We will let you know once the fix is live.

We don't have a specific date at this time, and don't have any additional information at this time. As we learn more, we will share as much as we can. Thank you all for your continued patience on this.

You must have one of the most frustrating jobs, ever. Clearly, someone told you that they were going to provide updated information on the status of the "fix" two days ago, and now they tell you that they are still working on it, and "plan" to have it fixed this month. I suppose that is an update of sorts, but I'm sure it is one that you were embarrassed to bring to this forum.

A couple of years ago, Celebrity hired a new IT manager who was supposed to get to the bottom of all of the website issues. She came to the Celebrity forum, listened to everyone's frustrations, and said that the IT department was focussed on the issues, and were going to get the job done under her close scrutiny. A few (mostly cosmetic) improvements were made, but frankly the functionality is worse now than it was then, and that's saying something.

It strikes me that the IT department isn't beta testing the changes with a group of experienced website users. They don't seem to be able to fix the problems that exist nor do they seem to know what the users of the website need the website to do for them at any given step. I have never used a website with more problems, ever, nor have I ever seen a website be allowed to be so dysfunctional for so long.

I would like to thank you for the work that you do here, trying to keep us updated and informed. I feel that you are doing everything you can, under very trying circumstances.

Edited by ForeverAtSea

I have not seen anything telling us the problem is resolved but I do want to report that as of last night we now have 27 people signed up for our Meet & Mingle for our October cruise and I did get the official notice from X that we will be having our party.

I hope the rest of you who have been having problems signing up are also getting your problems resolved.