bingo

nodandade

as our cruise gets closer, my dear wife has asked me to ask about the costs of bingo on the solstice. she likes to transfer money into her visa before we go so at the end of the cruise any monies (and there will be) oeing to the cruise line will be there to pay her account.

can anyone tell me the costs per game ,and what prize levels their are

thank you

Hi! I am not a bingo expert but I'll try to help a bit. Bingo sessions are held many times throughout the cruise. I believe it is every day, usually multiple times. Each session is several games. When we play, we usually buy a $20 package. It gives you multiple cards for each game. The last game in each session is an escalating jackpot. If it doesn't get won in so many numbers, I believe 42, then it pays out like a regular game. Games pay something like $100 - 300 depending on how many winners. It's always fun. Hope your wife enjoys her bingo!

We were on the Silhouette in Europe (June 2014 and June 2013). Bingo was only held on sea days and it was great fun, although slightly expensive. There were 3 cards a board and 6 cards on a board. the 3 cards were approx USD 40 and the 6 card boards were around USD 50. These were good for 4 games. (They have the sliders on the numbers, so you can re-use these boards)

There were also 3 and 6 paper cards (where you fold the numbers) and they are bought as a set of 4 (blue, green, orange and yellow games). Each game has only 1 prize. The collections are counted while the games are going on and most prizes we saw were between USD 90-100 for the 1st game and went upto USD 350-400 for the last game (the full house/ all 25 numbers)

Unfortunately we had only 2 sea days and hence only 2 bingo sessions. Not sure if the same policy (bingo only on sea days) is followed for cruises in the Caribbean/ other places.

I played Bingo on Eclipse in January and it was $25 to play. The prizes are based on the number of players, but did not seem exciting enough to attract crowds. The venue was Celebrity Central and it was not very full on either of the times I played.

On the Infinity last month the Bingo was held in the Theatre and I went to play but the cost had risen to $40. I changed my mind as I thought it was overpriced. I think many other passengers were of the same thought as on following occasions it was moved to a smaller venue, the Constellation Lounge I think, and on at least one occasion I know it was cancelled as there were not enough players. This was on a Transatlantic where I had expected it to be popular. If it had been a lower price I probably would have played.

Many years ago on a Princess ship I played Bingo and it was a huge event and prizes included a cruise, and vouchers to put towards cruises as well as cash.

Many years ago on a Princess ship I played Bingo and it was a huge event and prizes included a cruise, and vouchers to put towards cruises as well as cash.

It used to be that way on Holland America Line, too, as recently as five years ago. It was cheap, a lot of fun, hundreds attended, and there were about three cruise staff members running it with a lot of interaction, jokes and good prizes.

Seemed to fall by the wayside after HAL cut the cruise director staff to bare bones. After that, on a Celebrity cruise, it was as described - expensive, poorly attended, and run by one guy who seemed annoyed to be there.

I never play bingo on cruise ships because it is so overpriced it doesn't appeal to me.

I'd prefer to spend about $10 and have cheap prizes like cruise T-shirts, water bottles and the likes.

Then it would be just for fun.

I think all the cruise lines have gotten greedy with their Bingo and so only the regular hard core players still play.

On the Reflection TA in April, I played Bingo a few times. I think it was played 4 times in the 16 days. There were only 3 games played each time, the last one being a coverall so that one took a while. I bought the $69 package, which had quite a few cards and some pull tabs (like scratch off lottery tickets, only you pull back tabs instead- you can win $5-1000 with those, I think). You can get a bonus card with your Captain's Club coupon.

It was held in Celebrity Central and had so-so attendance, except for the last one which was held in the theatre. There is always a charismatic staff member calling the numbers who tells corny jokes and the hard core people join in, razzing the host. The prizes were progressive, starting around $100 to $250 for the last one, depending on attendance.

The last sea day they gave away a 7-day Carib cruise for 2 (did that last year on the Infinity too). There were a lot of people there so the prizes for the first 2 games were pretty good. The cruise game was a coverall, where all numbers must be called on one of your cards. At the end, just one other person and I had just one number left (you stand when you have just one number left). Unfortunately her number was called first, but it made for an exciting game.

I have won 3 times over the years ($~150-250 each) out of playing about 10-12 times. It's gotten more and more expensive, but I'll probably go at least once on the next cruise. I have to admit that it is kind of fun.

Not really much of a Bingo player...

But I did notice the other day on a Reflection post (Dailies from an 11 Night Med Cruise - June 2014) that there were 2 big days... One was Mega Bingo, 1 Game Card Complete in 47 Numbers or less and the Prize was over $ 14,000. And the other was another day where the Prize was a Celebrity Cruise.

Don't have as I say all the details, in that I have never played Bingo on a cruise

Lol, but the Daily did get my attention enough that I thought I would keep an eye open on my upcoming cruises to see what they were announcing in "Celebrity Today" in the way of Bingo Days

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB