M3 Category Mystery

juliecat

My travel agent is booking me into an M3 cabin on QE2 for 2006. In the 2006 book and on the website, M3 is described as an outside caben. However, on the deckplans the M3 is an inside cabin. Does anyone have access to deckplans that reflect the new category designations? I see the old M5 cabins are now M7. Perhaps they are trying to make the cabins within each category more uniform.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Julia

The colour coding is difficult. As I read it, most of the old inside M3 cabins are now inside M4.

M3 is a new outside category and comprises a few former M2 cabins, 5234, 5241. Make sure to get confirmation from Cunard.

For deck plans, go to the QE2 section of the Cunard site:

http://www.cunard.com/OnBoard/default.asp?OB=QE2#

Then click on deck plans on the left. It will open a Flash page that will allow you to explore the ship.

Now, if they could just fix the virtual tour so that all the images were not "temporarily unavailable..." :rolleyes:

The dackplans on the webstite are still the 2005 cabin assignments. My travel agent got confirmation that M3 is now 125 sq ft min with a porthole. I'm trying to figure out if they downgraded some of the M2s. The booking is a category guarantee, so I can't just look up the cabin number (that would be too easy). Has anyone heard the logic behind the new categories?

Thanks,

Julia

Can anyone help here?? I too have the same 'questions' . The newest paper brochure/booklet from my Wagonlit travel agent is now CQE2 195 9/04; whatever THAT means.(teeny-tiny print on back cover of QE2 WORLD CRUISE 2006 brochure). Deck Plans are M1 thru M5 on page 42. If that is NOT the most recent then all bets are off, because it is different from a previous one from some years ago.

Archived