Carryon Luggage question

GarnetFan8

Carnival had size restrictions for carryon items such as bags and small coolers (at least a few years ago they did). Does RCCL have similar restrictions on the actual size of the bags or coolers?

Obviously the smaller the better since we'll be carrying them until our room opens up, but I haven't seen size limits anywhere. Thanks.

He's right. Just think of airline travel in terms of the size of your carry on and you should be fine. It'll be similar security in terms of the screening device the carry on has to go through.

Also, the rooms are usually available around 1pmish except on the rare occasion where a Coast Guard inspection is going on while people are boarding. That happened to us last year on Allure and it delayed the process by an hour. It was a big headache since they just had to do the inspection at the worst possible time. I've been on 7 cruises and only had that happen once so we'll see what happens this Sunday when I'm back out on the Allure for another 7 night cruise.

I was on Carnival last year and I'm using their size restrictions for measuring my bags for Royal. Last year, my bigger carry on was 24L x 16w and the port handlers tried to tell me it would not fit. It fit in the scanner with room to spare. I only carried on a bigger one last year because it had all my wedding stuff. But I am not a light packer at all, so may end up bringing the bigger one again next month!