35 Hour Sale

camper49

First time calling Carnival they told me nope to taking advantage due to being after final payment. Second call, Keith happily upgraded me to a balcony room and I still got obo. Thanks for the feedback Cruise critic members!!:D

Awesome news! I am a firm believer that it never hurts to ask!! (And a second call obviously helps, too!)

First time calling Carnival they told me nope to taking advantage due to being after final payment. Second call, Keith happily upgraded me to a balcony room and I still got obo. Thanks for the feedback Cruise critic members!!:D

Was this with the 35 hour sale?

SCORE!! My son and I are going to Cocoa to watch the Orion launch and decided to take a weekend cruise also. I had the trip booked, but was on the 24 hr courtesy hold. This sale came up and I booked for $105/pp. I'm sure we'll spend that savings in Senior Frogs though. :D

What is this Verizon trick of which you speak?

We bought two five hundred dollar Carnival E-Cards for $900 from the Verizon Wireless rewards program. We then applied them to the cruise price. We will probably buy two more to put on our Sign and Sail account once we get onboard.

Edited by TBMVette

I never would have known about the sale! I've been trying to decide make vacation plans for (my son's) spring break, and this pops up! I just booked us on the Glory, balcony cabin, for less than what I paid for an inside 12 years ago on my very first cruise! YAY!

WHAT'S MORE....I GOT FTTF!! DOUBLE YAY! (helps when you're traveling with your seven year old. ;)

Nice heads up on the Verizon rewards! Was able to save an additional $90 that way.

It did, however, crash their system mid-transaction. I guess using 5 gift cards at a time was a bit much :o ... but I was able to pay the remainder by just adding them in one at a time. So if the system crashes midway, don't panic but check your e-mail to see what if anything went through.

Thanks again! So excited now :D

So if i booked a spa balcony 1 month ago and the spa balcony now is $300 LESS...how can i take advantage of it?:confused:

I would just call Carnival and ask. I would also try a second call if it is refused the first time. That was my experience today.

People are getting some significant dollars back. Do they reduce the amount owing on your final payment if you are not there yet, or do they put in in your account onboard? What happens if you cannot spend it all on gratuities, drinks excursions etc? Will you get a cheque or refund to your credit card? Just curious...might be hard to spend some of these larger amounts mentioned. Thx

People are getting some significant dollars back. Do they reduce the amount owing on your final payment if you are not there yet, or do they put in in your account onboard? What happens if you cannot spend it all on gratuities, drinks excursions etc? Will you get a cheque or refund to your credit card? Just curious...might be hard to spend some of these larger amounts mentioned. Thx

I had booked 2 cabins on my credit card and they are refunding my card $162 per cabin! We are more than 60 days away from cruising, but both cabins were paid in full, so that may be why we got refund vs OBC.

We were booked in a deluxe OV and I managed to jump out of ES into the balcony GTY pool AND get $82 in OBC. We have 4 (2 kids) in a balcony now for $270/pp for 7 days on the Dream. And since we sail in 12 days, I don't care if I can't price match anymore. A few hours after I snagged our balcony, the balcony prices went back up $100/pp so I got a great deal regardless. So excited!! This sale was awesome for us. Our first balcony will be a real treat :)