Pricing Strategy

Babr

When I looked at today's Tuesday's Specials for the Reflection Dec. 6 sailing, I noticed that the Aqua, S1, ans S2 suites were priced the same, but a Suite Guarantee was $100 more. Why would Celebrity price a guarantee more than a specific cabin?

There is a Celebrity Suite showing as available for considerably more. Would someone pay extra for a guarantee hoping to get the CS? I don't get it. Why pay more for the guarantee when you can have your pick of some pretty good cabins unless you think something better is possible.

Can someone who is more familiar with Celebrity give me some insight about what I'm missing?

When I looked at today's Tuesday's Specials for the Reflection Dec. 6 sailing, I noticed that the Aqua, S1, ans S2 suites were priced the same, but a Suite Guarantee was $100 more. Why would Celebrity price a guarantee more than a specific cabin?

There is a Celebrity Suite showing as available for considerably more. Would someone pay extra for a guarantee hoping to get the CS? I don't get it. Why pay more for the guarantee when you can have your pick of some pretty good cabins unless you think something better is possible.

Can someone who is more familiar with Celebrity give me some insight about what I'm missing?

As you probably know...

With a Gurantee you are "guaranteed" to get as a MINIMUM the least desirable cabin in the lowest (Gurantee) category

If the Suite Guarantee is $ 100 more, then that means you'll get as a minimum SOME Suite

Certainly you would think that someone looking at an Aqua Class in this situation would just take a Suite or a Suite Guarantee

You say the Celebrity Suite is available... How many other Suites are also vacant ? Have you checked that out ? (ie using a Website other than Celebrity which shows all the vacancies at once)

Sounds to me that there indeed might be a glut of empty cabins here at the higher end of things

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

As you probably know...

With a Gurantee you are "guaranteed" to get as a MINIMUM the least desirable cabin in the lowest (Gurantee) category

If the Suite Guarantee is $ 100 more, then that means you'll get as a minimum SOME Suite

Certainly you would think that someone looking at an Aqua Class in this situation would just take a Suite or a Suite Guarantee

You say the Celebrity Suite is available... How many other Suites are also vacant ? Have you checked that out ? (ie using a Website other than Celebrity which shows all the vacancies at once)

Sounds to me that there indeed might be a glut of empty cabins here at the higher end of things

Cheers!

Actually the CS is already gone, and there are not many suites left. The ones remaining are Aqua, and a few Sky Suites. I have no idea why the Guaranty would be higher; makes no sense.

Ken

Interesting. I can still see the CS suite available on Celebrity and on another large online agency - the same cabin number I've seen all day, but now the guarantee price on Celebrity is $600 more than the Aqua, S1, and S2.

No one would pay $600 more to quarantee they would end up in the same cabin they could have had for less. Is this a way to direct bookings to the remaining entry level suites or does the higher price guarantee automatically go to the CS?