earliest flight time departure from HOU and IAH

crystal1010

What is the earliest I can make a flight if sailing on EMERALD PRINCESS into Port of Houston (BAYPORT) and travelling both to HOBBY and IAH airports? We have family that has to split up airports so trying to get the best compromise on departure flights.

from Bayport you are only about 30 min from Hobby (depending on the day and traffic.) and about an hr from IAH (again depending of traffic).

Assuming you are off the boat by 9am and not knowing how you plan to get from port to the airports (wait for shuttle or taxi etc) I would say with IAH you should be safe with anything after noon. and HOU (hobby) 11am should be ok.

Now the possible big wrench in the whole works is the fog that can delay the ships return to the port and toss your flight plans in the crapper. Off the top of my head i can remember the "normal" fog times of the year...I think it is Jan-Feb time frame but you and scan the threads as it has been talked about in many threads on here.