Ocho Rios /jet skis

chefjhh

The two beaches we were at allowed jet ski rentals but would not let you take them out on your own (just outside Ocho Rios). A guide had to be on it with you. One jet ski went out on their own and the police came out of nowhere and gave it to them! I'm not sure if this is a rule across the board, but inquire first. Don't want your fun ruined.

There is a beach that is right near the pier called Ocean Bay beach where they were renting jet skis. From where the Mariner docked, OBB was to your left and further up the road Island village was on your right. We didn't actually rent jet skis here, we just went to the beach, but we saw a few people on them, they were taking them right near the ship. I believe it was something like $65 for 1/2 hr. We were going to rent them here, but two different vendors started fighting over who was going to rent them to us, so we told them to forget it:( We ended up renting them at Mr Sancho's beach in Cozumel instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it was $55 or $60 for 1/2 hr-sorry I can't remember the exact amt, but I know it was cheaper than what they were charging in Jamaica. They also took our picture on the waverunners,which came out really nice-I think it was $12 if you wanted to buy it. The only policy they had on taking it out was you couldnt go out farther than where the boats were, and you had to stay between the two buoys, which covered a fairly large area. We wore life jackets, I'm not sure if they were mandatory or not. Other than that you were on your own, and someone would come out on antoher wave runner to get you when your time was up.

Archived