Guarantee CS

hulamoon

Does anyone have any insight on guarantee CS cabin assignment?

I have been watching four open RS's on a cruise about two weeks out. Recently a fifth one came online.

There are guarantee W, S1, S2 and GCS available. I called and asked to have my CS moved to guarantee because unless there are a lot of very last minute bookings those cabins are going to W and S1 and S2. Unless of course there are cancelations.

I considered paying more for it, but it does appear these cabins will go to guarantee categories. When I check my booking it still shows my old assignment.

So, either I missed my reassignment o I got my old cabin back. Lol

This is not a complaint of course, just being hopeful and wondering if it will never be assigned to CS guarantees.

You may not be getting any replies because people may not understand your question. I don't think I do.

I didn't know you could do a guarantee for a specific kind of suite. I thought the W category meant you would get any suite from Sky Suite on up. Are you trying to go to guarantee to possibly get an RS instead?

Please clarify.

You mean there was a RS guarantee that got a penthouse? I am unsure how if a computer does it or if it is hand done.

I think someone said they had a W and got a penthouse! I can't remember who though. That person had some luck!

I do know this, I checked every website that posters here have stated had all the open bookings and I am now convinced sometimes x holds back cabins. That has little to do with my current curiousity but may help someone later. I watched it close enough to think it was not a reserved cabin that was let go. Strictly my opinion and the TA's.

You may not be getting any replies because people may not understand your question. I don't think I do.

I didn't know you could do a guarantee for a specific kind of suite. I thought the W category meant you would get any suite from Sky Suite on up. Are you trying to go to guarantee to possibly get an RS instead?

Please clarify.

Sorry I replied but cc froze up when I tried to backspace. Yes it does happen and right now on our booking all the suite categories are on guarantee, except penthouse, but the only availability is for RS.

Could also be a website glitch.

I recently (earlier this summer) saw a PH guarantee on Reflection. Reflection has only 1 penthouse, and it and the Reflection suite were both booked, and this was post final payments.

Tried to click through, and got error messages.

Sorry I replied but cc froze up when I tried to backspace. Yes it does happen and right now on our booking all the suite categories are on guarantee, except penthouse, but the only availability is for RS.

Interesting. I've never seen that - only the W which I thought covered all the suites. I haven't sailed on Celebrity in several years so I haven't been monitoring prices very closely. A guarantee for a specific level of suite is a new wrinkle for me.

If you go into the CS guarantee pool, does that mean you could get only CS or above? Is the quarantee less than what you have already paid? Could they put someone with a general W guarantee in a category higher than Sky Suite? Is there an explanation anywhere that tells how this works?

Thanks for your time.

Interesting. I've never seen that - only the W which I thought covered all the suites. I haven't sailed on Celebrity in several years so I haven't been monitoring prices very closely. A guarantee for a specific level of suite is a new wrinkle for me.

If you go into the CS guarantee pool, does that mean you could get only CS or above? Is the quarantee less than what you have already paid? Could they put someone with a general W guarantee in a category higher than Sky Suite? Is there an explanation anywhere that tells how this works?

Thanks for your time.

If you have a CS GTY, you will get a CS or better. They can also choose to upgrade those who paid full fare in Sky's to the Royals, and the CS GTY will get just that, a CS.

I imagine a W GTY would get lower priority than a CS GTY, I think they would really look to dollars paid when making assignments when all is settling in.

Just remember they may very well upgrade someone from a S1/S2 or CS that paid full price to the RS and then move the guarantee's into the lower cabin w/in the guarantee.

That would be nice if it happened and certainly seems fair. It looks like you can buy an RS for 1249, 1349, 1149 or 1799. So in my mini universe pushing up the others would be fairer. If I find out I will report back. It does seem a bit labor intensive though to move people.

If you have a CS GTY, you will get a CS or better. They can also choose to upgrade those who paid full fare in Sky's to the Royals, and the CS GTY will get just that, a CS.

I imagine a W GTY would get lower priority than a CS GTY, I think they would really look to dollars paid when making assignments when all is settling in.

I am going to call and find out if my CS guarantee ever made it to guarantee or if someone looked at it and said, "what? Just leave her there in her CS."

babr...they can do anything. But a W gets a suite, an S1 gets S1 or above and a Cs gets a Cs or above. I think I just got my old suite back! But last time I was a G for a few days so I will call and find out if it was an error. I figure at the worst I would get a different CS.

Edited by hulamoon

As it happens I was in guarantee for five minutes or so and then put in my former Cs! Lol I wonder how they assign them by cost, is it bottom line? I gave up a drink package and 25 bonus points, not that I drinks hat much.

I upgraded again today.

While menu planning for Thursday, and occasionally wondering what clothes will fit me and wondering how we had forgotten our 15 th anniversary during our recent family crisis, I just decided to check prices once again.

We had already upgraded aft AQ for suite guarantee, when there appeared to be no SS left. Turned out to be one on deck nine. Then upgraded to CS where we gave up points and drink package. While very happy with that there were still five RS left today and one CS. W, S1 and S2 guarantees. Twice I moved to CS guarantee and each time I was given my CS back. Lol

So called my trusty big box TA and today I got a rather green yet kind assistant.

CS was 400 less than we paid and RS was listed 60. More than I already upgraded to. I decided to not ask to return to guarantee again, but just to take the Royal and see what that experience would be like. I was told because it was past final payment I would have to pay a residential rate, not listed in any website of $160. While trying to understand why this would be so, three RS disappeared from my screen. So I paid up and took it.

We look forward to trying a Royal Suite for the first leg of the b2b.

You are on the Summit, correct? We were in an RS on the Summit a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we did! You must say hi to Julia as Cosmo (he probably spells it differently) in Michael's Club from Matt and Michelle. They are both fabulous and made the cruise extra great! Ashley, the Captain's Club hostess is also WONDERFUL - please say hi to her as well. And finally, if you luck out and get Peter as your butler - there is nothing he won't do to make sure this is the best cruise yet! :-)

That is an amazing upgrade! Congratulations! I am pretty sure those buying the 999 today will end up in upper suites. Sometimes it's great timing, sometimes it's the right cruise and sometimes it is crazy good luck! You sure have that wj420!

I am still shaking off the extra 100 charge which was never on a screen but I will get over it. I figure it will be like a fee to experience a hot tub on a personal balcony. Or a jetted tub anyway. So do people wear bathing suits for that tub? Seems like it is a bit exposed! Lol

Classy fun...was there a better suite choice in that category? Can one circle the back? We move to the other side of the ship the second week. The deck plan is not clear on that.

Jotting those names down now, will pass on your messages.

Edited by hulamoon

You are on the Summit, correct? We were in an RS on the Summit a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we did! You must say hi to Julia as Cosmo (he probably spells it differently) in Michael's Club from Matt and Michelle. They are both fabulous and made the cruise extra great! Ashley, the Captain's Club hostess is also WONDERFUL - please say hi to her as well. And finally, if you luck out and get Peter as your butler - there is nothing he won't do to make sure this is the best cruise yet! :-)

Did you have any funny smells? Which suite did you have?

Edited by hulamoon

Classy fun...was there a better suite choice in that category? Can one circle the back? We move to the other side of the ship the second week. The deck plan is not clear on that.

Jotting those names down now, will pass on your messages.

We were in 6133 and noticed so smells or anything unpleasant. Michael's Club was quite busy so we talked to most of those sailing in top suites. No complaints about anyone's cabin or any issues with the suite the chose. It is a fantastic suite and I'm sure you will love that you upgraded! Make sure your butler sets up your breakfast on your balcony as you sail into port....that alone is worth it! :-)

In.fact, we booked another RS on Summit for next winter (and Alaska on Millie next summer) we enjoyed it so much!!