Theft on board Azura

holiday addict

I recently went to the Caribbean on board Azura, and during our second week , I was unfortunate enough to accidentally leave my camera at Breakers Bar at midnight when there were very few people around apart from one occupied table and 2 bar staff. At 7am next morning I went back when I realised it had gone, and it was no where to be found and it was not handed in as lost property until we left the ship so i can only deduce that it was stolen. So a word of advice , dont be as trusting as i was and make sure you keep everything on you at all times.By the way, P&O couldn't have cared less either , a word of sympathy wouldnt have gone amiss as i was very upset.:(

I recently went to the Caribbean on board Azura, and during our second week , I was unfortunate enough to accidentally leave my camera at Breakers Bar at midnight when there were very few people around apart from one occupied table and 2 bar staff. At 7am next morning I went back when I realised it had gone, and it was no where to be found and it was not handed in as lost property until we left the ship so i can only deduce that it was stolen. So a word of advice , dont be as trusting as i was and make sure you keep everything on you at all times.By the way, P&O couldn't have cared less either , a word of sympathy wouldnt have gone amiss as i was very upset.:(

Sorry to hear of your loss,thats a lesson to all of us to be more careful with our possessions.

That's a pity about your camera. However I was luckier last year when I left my camera in a bar and it was handed in to reception.

I left my camera on the Azura, on the deck, and like you it was handed in.

I do think we all become a bit complacent on holiday, especially cruise holidays, unfortunately it only takes one moron to spoil things.

Molly

While on an Adonia cruise to Norway in August, we accidentlly left our camera in the bar when having an afternoon drink. Shortly after returning to our cabin, we had a call saying that they had our camera (an expensive Nikon) before we had even missed it! Another passenger turned it in to the bar staff and they tracked us down by looking at our bar charge. We really appreciated the honesty and the diligence of the staff and the othe

r passengers..

We really appreciated the honesty and the diligence of the staff and the other passengers..

What a shame so many positive & honest people and just bad one around to spoil a holiday!!!!

These comments are so true.

Most people are nice, kind, honest and lovely throughout,

It just takes one.....

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers

Yes most people are great and I once left our camera in the Theatre and next morning collected it from Reception. However later that same cruise I managed to leave it again (I know, early onset etc.) in the Crow's Nest and this time it didn't reappear.

Losing the camera was a bit annoying (especially as it was the OH's) but what was really disappointing was the loss of the pictures, as Brian Conley had been on that cruise and had let us take some pictures with him for our daughter, who's a big fan.

Still I can just wish lots of evil on the person who purloined it!

Thanks for all your comments everyone, still upset about losing some pictures but did have a back up but cant replace the ones earlier in the cruise. Yes there's always going to be one to spoil it for others, but P & O staff will never go over and above their call of duty , so it has put me off them now. Also there were many morons on that cruise and there were also staff changes due 2 days later .Makes me think............:confused:

Thanks for all your comments everyone, still upset about losing some pictures but did have a back up but cant replace the ones earlier in the cruise. Yes there's always going to be one to spoil it for others, but P & O staff will never go over and above their call of duty , so it has put me off them now. Also there were many morons on that cruise and there were also staff changes due 2 days later .Makes me think............:confused:

I was not happy with that cruise either and am in the process of drafting an email. Really sorry you lost your camera :(

P & O staff will never go over and above their call of duty

So sorry, but in general I've found P&O crew, from those on their first contract to senior officers, to be extremely helpful and more than willing to go the extra mile. On my last voyage one of the heels of my formal shoes broke off; a ship's fitter whose name I never found out did his best to fix it. He did the work after he'd finished his shift, and sent a note after he'd fixed it to let me know I should leave it for 24 hours for the glue to set.

I could give many examples - I knew a 3rd Officer was going to be posted to Arcadia just before her first refit. I told him I'd be onboard shortly afterwards and could I have copies of his photographs? Two days after I joined the ship I received a CD of photographs.

Another example - my wife and I often request a few extra items to be supplied to our cabin at particular times. Without fail they arrive within 5 mins of the requested time. The cabin steward (Michelle) made sure she was going to do what she'd promised us.

Another example - I requested information about an event in the UK I knew was occurring from one of the entertainment officers as I knew he'd probably be able to find it out for me. That evening he came to my cabin with the info. I'd asked for - and at the time he was on a rest period.

I could continue....

P&O crew aren't (quite!) mindreaders. But in general they will, and do, go far out of their way to give passengers the best holiday they can. And the same is probably true of most cruise lines - I certainly know it's true of Holland America.

VP

Edited by Vampire Parrot

On our last cruise on Aurora, my partner left his crutches behind.

I know you're asking yourself "how can you forget your crutches?" My partner uses a mobility scooter and only uses the crutches for very short distances, parking up and going into the dining room for example.

On the morning of departure we packed all our last minute carry off items and set off, my partner on his scooter and me on foot. We realised when we had just left the port area that we had forgotten to collapse and pack the crutches.

No problem we thought, they were left in the cabin and each crutch had a label with name, address, both telephone numbers and an email address attached.

When we called P&O they told us they would call us back with any info. Despite the fact they were left in the cabin with all that contact information we never got them back. We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise but we will be triple checking every nook and cranny now before we leave the cabin.

There are more CCTV cameras on P&O ships than you could possibly imagine!

Every single square inch of open deck is covered, presumably so nobody could disappear over the side without being noticed.

They probably could. There is a difference between been covered and every single camera monitored 24/7.

We were on Ventura in July. Stupid son left iphone on the bed as he finished backing his hand luggage. He discovered it's loss after security at Genoa airport. A member of staff put a call through to the ship. Within 5 minutes we received a call back to say it had been found and would be place in a safe until Genoa 2 weeks later when it would be sent to Southampton. On arrival home my son emailed P&O and they contacted him as soon as it arrived in Southampton. They then posted it to my son at no cost to us. Excellent service from P&O.