Live from the Shadow, Valpo to BA

Silver Spectre

Wandered past the Park Hyatt in BA yesterday afternoon and bumped into Bill, who was leaving, but still had time to remind me that we didnt win at Trivia every day, ha ha Bill.

Also found Clare and her travel group who had been to the Igasu Falls and then back to BA.

I must say I am really impressed with the BA Park Hyatt, its a lovely hotel. Staff are a Little bit argy, but otherwise accepable.

Edited by Silver Spectre

Wandered past the Park Hyatt in BA yesterday afternoon and bumped into Bill, who was leaving, but still had time to remind me that we didnt win at Trivia every day, ha ha Bill.

Also found Clare and her travel group who had been to the Igasu Falls and then back to BA.

I must say I am really impressed with the BA Park Hyatt, its a lovely hotel. Staff are a Little bit argy, but otherwise accepable.

Great seeing you one more time. Too bad we did not have time for a drink. The Park Hyatt in BA is beautiful but the staff leaves a lot to be desired. It took almost 20 minutes to get five ice teas. They were very good once they arrived.

Yes, Silver, you did not win ALL the time. My team actually won once and placed several times. I think once Hyperion Knight left the ship and your team in Ushuaia, your fortunes went down.

Otherwise, agree with everything said. Weather sometimes poor but on certain days, especially the Falklands, it was great. I was with Clare's travel group and everyone had a great time. Iguassu Falls is amazing and a must see. We saw others from the Silver Shadow there enjoying themselves and I know another couple were arriving the day we returned to BA.

Till we meet again,

Bill and Kathi

Yes, Silver, you did not win ALL the time. My team actually won once and placed several times. I think once Hyperion Knight left the ship and your team in Ushuaia, your fortunes went down.

Thanks Bill. We actually thought we got better once we had lost Hyperion. Jimmy asked almost no music questions after he left.

Just heard from Rami that they did not get into the Falklands today and the bad weather is causing some rescheduling over the next 2-3 days.

And....., someone deliberately put an elbow through one of his Monet's last night. Weird stuff.

Hope you got home safely and we will meet again!

• 2 weeks later...

Received this from a friend who took a tour with Patrick Watts on the Falklands. Interesting comment from Mr. Watts regarding the Shadow on its return visit.

"Original note to: "Patrick J Watts" <pwatts@horizon.co.fk Subject: Re: Our tour on 30th November > Hi Patrick> > We have returned from our travels and I just wanted to say thank you again > for organising our tour to Bertha's Beach etc. All 12 of us agreed that it > was the best shore excursion of the whole cruise.> > We were lucky that we managed to get ashore. the tender trip back was very > hairy with many failed attempts to get alongside including one severe bump > which damaged the tender. We heard that when the Silver Shadow return to > Stanley a week or so later it was unable to get the passengers off.> > Is there anywhere on the web that you would like me to add a very positive > review?>

Response:

Hello Mr. Michael , Thank you for your e-mail and kind words about the tour that you took with us to Bertha's Beach on 30th November. It was pleasure to have you and your wife take the tour with me. I'm always pleased to hear back from my passengers regardless of whether they have all positive points to make, or can offerconstructive criticism that we can act upon. I was quite concerned about you getting back on board giving the high waves and the tender situation. It was quiet amazing really as the following week the weather was much kinder with less wind but for some reason the ship decided not to call. There has been a strong wind forecast but it failed to materialize so I guess it would be unfair to blame the captain as he has to take the passengers safety into account. If you could kindly give the Bertha's Beach tour a mention on Cruise Critic or Trip Advisor then that would be much appreciated. It is fairly new tour that I am offering and a safer and secure shorter type tour for those not wishing to take a longer and less relaxing tour. Also it combines two species of penguins with a general interest type tour which is quite unique as no-one else offers that particular tour combination. Many thanks for booking with me. Kind regards, Patrick Watts.

Interesting, hum?

Bill and Kathi

Edited by ssawjo

Hi Bill,

I checked with Rami, and they skipped the Falklands and then Ushuia and went straight to Punta Arenas. I figure the weather forecast was bad for the run down to Tierra del Fuego and the Captain decided to skip the Falklands to give him more time to get through the bad weather as quick as possible. Its his choice. Interestingly they actually went back and stopped in Ushuia the day after PA.

Rather a shame for those who missed seeing the Falklands and not nice for the Falklanders who missed out on yet another cruise ship visit.

Happy holidays to you both.

Hi Bill,

I checked with Rami, and they skipped the Falklands and then Ushuia and went straight to Punta Arenas. I figure the weather forecast was bad for the run down to Tierra del Fuego and the Captain decided to skip the Falklands to give him more time to get through the bad weather as quick as possible. Its his choice. Interestingly they actually went back and stopped in Ushuia the day after PA.

Rather a shame for those who missed seeing the Falklands and not nice for the Falklanders who missed out on yet another cruise ship visit.

Happy holidays to you both.

Thanks for that info. Very interesting.

Happy Holidays to both of you also.

Bill and Kathi