Excursions cheaper on ship?

Idislikeusernames

We are looking at excursions on line but curious if they are the same price on the cruise? If they are the same price, do they offer any discounts for booking multiple excursions? Book 3 get 10% off???

I have never heard of the buy 3, get 10% off. But I also tend to book my excursions early just in case they sell out.

I haven't booked an excursion through the cruise line since our second cruise.

Always less expensive and often a better experience.

Case in point - Goff's Caye in Belize. Less expensive from dock and you get a full 4-6 hours in one of the most beautiful places I have been blessed to be.

Cruise excursion gets about 2.5 hours at a higher price.

I guess there is security in knowing that a cruise line booked excursion will have the ship waiting if it runs late. Just never had an issue.

Have fun!

Booked all of my excursions last cruise a few weeks ago through carnival. This coming cruise in a few weeks I booked Second party. Was much cheaper and had more options.although, every cruise I booked through carnival was guaranteed. I was returned to the port very early. Guessing it's because of their guarantee.

Edited by mrneil001

Booked all of my excursions last cruise a few weeks ago through carnival. This coming cruise in a few weeks I booked Second party. Was much cheaper and had more options.although, every cruise I booked through carnival was guaranteed. I was returned to the port very early. Guessing it's because of their guarantee.

The ports with the tenders I will book with Carnival just because it is not as easy to get back to the ship. Yes, it may cost more, but that extra security is worth it.

For the "pier" ports, have gone out for private excursions the past few cruises without incident.

We have booked both with carnival and on our own. My husband wants to "wing it" but with us being a group of 7 it is easier to plan ahead if possible.

Anyone know of any good companies for Ruins in Costa Maya?

You can try "the native choice" to see if they fit your needs. Recent stop from the Conquest, local tour company, very responsible.