Best time to arrive for Breakaway

cpiers

10:15 AM :cool: The earlier, the better. Boarding usually begins around 11:30 or so. Better to sit and wait to board, then wait forever to check in.

Pretty much this. Especially on the weekend, probably the only time you'll get to destination without too many people on the streets blocking you. (driving or on foot)

Edited by maywell

Pretty much this. Especially on the weekend, probably the only time you'll get to destination without too many people on the streets blocking you. (driving or on foot)

Two words. Change one.

15 minutes.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

2014 July Breakaway

2010 July Miracle

2006 July Legend

Two words. Change one.

15 minutes.

~Robin

2014 July Breakaway

2010 July Miracle

2006 July Legend

Less than 10-15 minute walk to the port, especially from the Columbus Circle train station at 10 am on the weekend. Not too many cars or people out til about 11am especially on Sunday. Hopefully the line is not long when checking in and getting x-ray, then waiting for your boarding group number.

Edited by maywell

That's more than 15 minutes. As if anyone's cares.

~Robin

2014 July Breakaway

2010 July Miracle

2006 July Legend

Actually its not if you're walking a brisk/fast pace with no car traffic and people blocking your way going down 57th or 58th Street then making the turn at 12th street on the weekend. Even with luggage - if it light and/or a spinner, even better. The main problems will be Highway (it is what it is) and flow of foot traffic between Broadway /8th to 10th Street (which can be avoided if you arrive before 10am, afterwards it pretty much everyone is on the street doing whatever). Manhattan is kinda dead on Saturdays and Sundays in the morning before 10am, unless a event is going on like NYC Marathon, a Parade like St. Patrick's or food/cultural/shopping festival.

What's the best time to arrive at the pier for the Breakaway?

I've had good results showing up around 10am. When I got there around 9:30 one year, the parking was a little more confusing. By 10:30 the best spots are taken, and the lines are starting to grow.

I think we'll shoot for 9:30 to 10:00 arrival. I'd rather sit around inside the terminal for an hour or so, than stand in line outside.

Thanks for all the input!

We got there last week at around 10 and breezed through security and check in. It was very nice. Boarding didn't start until 11:30 but the lines got significantly longer while we were seated comfortably and waiting, so we were glad we got there when we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app