What time do I Board

amindu

Hello All

I am a little confused as to what my options are. We are on board the NCL Spirit for Oct 2015 sailing out of Venice. Everyone is getting there on Saturday and the Ship leaves Venice at 1am Sunday. I understand I will have a boarding time listed on my documents which is when I will be allowed to come on board.

My confusion is as we have always followed what the documents say, if the time stated is 2pm in the afternoon and I do not want to come on the ship that early, can I chose to come a few hours later. We would like to make our way around 7-8pm, but at the same time we do not want to be denied boarding because we did not show up at the time posted in our e-docs. We will be spending a couple days in Venice before the sailing. So what is the latest time that the folks on NCL will let you check-in and come on board the ship?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

So technically we can walk on board at 11pm with our bags and have no issues being checked-in and being given our rooms. At that point do they take your bags or do you just walk on with them? If they take our bags, when would they bring them by considering if someone is boarding at 11pm

Thanks

We were going to leave them at the Hotel. From what I read, most hotels will hold your luggage, and then make our way around 7-8 pm to the cruise ship.

Will be at the Westin, so hoping they wont have an issue holding the bags till that time.

We were going to leave them at the Hotel. From what I read, most hotels will hold your luggage, and then make our way around 7-8 pm to the cruise ship.

Will be at the Westin, so hoping they wont have an issue holding the bags till that time.

if the Westin is the one at St Marco and they are happy to hold your luggage[posh hotel so should have secure baggage facility] then that should work for you. Short Alilaguna or water taxi to port

They will take your bags at the port, unless your bags are small enough to pass through the hand luggage scanner where final security takes place so I cant see how you could carry on your own large cases

on our last cruise out of Venice we sat at side of lounge and watched the constant stream of luggage being loaded onto the ship-last ones were loaded pretty near sailaway but of course don't know what time their owners actually checked in

enjoy your trip

if the Westin is the one at St Marco and they are happy to hold your luggage[posh hotel so should have secure baggage facility] then that should work for you. Short Alilaguna or water taxi to port

They will take your bags at the port, unless your bags are small enough to pass through the hand luggage scanner where final security takes place so I cant see how you could carry on your own large cases

on our last cruise out of Venice we sat at side of lounge and watched the constant stream of luggage being loaded onto the ship-last ones were loaded pretty near sailaway but of course don't know what time their owners actually checked in

enjoy your trip

Thank you for that info. It is the Westin in St Marks. Since you were in Venice, was the Alilaguana from St Marks to the cruise port manageable with luggage and pretty straightforward? We are confused as to getting a water taxi or using the alilaguana shuttle instead.

Thanks

Thank you for that info. It is the Westin in St Marks. Since you were in Venice, was the Alilaguana from St Marks to the cruise port manageable with luggage and pretty straightforward? We are confused as to getting a water taxi or using the alilaguana shuttle instead.

Thanks

we,ve done 2 NCL cruises from Venice-first the one you are doing on Spirit with 1am departure and second on the Jade with 5pm departure

First time we stayed at P Roma and got people mover to port and checked in around 11am.We had friends with us and we got on board ,had lunch and then they got back off and explored Venice[which is why I suggested that option]

this second time we stayed at Hilton Molino Stucky which is only 1 stop on Alilaguna from port and 8 euros per person

St Marks is only 2 extra stops and think about same price

manageable with luggage but at peak times they can charge extra 3 euros per person for luggage as more bags=less room for paying passengers

private water taxis are more expensive-not going to guess at price but check out veniceforvisitors site for lots of useful info

depending on how many of you there are and how much luggage it is a more luxurious experience and may be worth extra cost