Concierge Class - worth if for embarkation?

sterling9

I know there has been much debate about whether it is worth it to upgrade to a concierge class stateroom in terms of cashmere blankets and refrigerators, etc. I am most concerned if there are really long waits for embarkation and disembarkation? If anyone can chime in on whether or not it speeds of the process significantly that would be great. Thanks as always, this board is a lifesaver!

Sterling 9: there is a big difference getting on. If you are in concierge class, you can typically get on 1 1/2 hours before everyone else. This allows you to book your alternative restaurant and spa packages especially for at sea days. Also, you get to book twice at both alternative restaurants. To me, this would have been enough to do it. Otherwise, you only get one booking in each and then you have to grovel to convince them to let you go another time "we are all booked up and we need to wait until all other passengers have at least had the opportunity to go at least once."

When I sail with Oceania again, it will be in Concierge level for sure.

• 1 month later...

Based on this recent review from another site, the advantage of additional dining reservations (in addition to early embarkation and getting first dibs at any openings in the specialty dining venues) might be the only reasons to book Concierge Class.

Archived