Regal beds ??

RotaryMike

Bed comfort is a personal call, but has there been any discussion of whether the mattresses on the new Regal are soft or hard.

Any comments on "this mattress is too hard", this mattress is too soft" ,

or "this mattress is just right" ???

We'll be in a mini-suite next month, thanx, Mike in CT

Hard to describe exactly - I would say somewhat firm but soft and comfortable. Or as Pam said - pillow top. In any case I slept great - usually do on a cruise though to be fair. DH is more particular about beds and he slept so well that he often ignored his phone alarm and slept in until 8 - which is unusual as he's usually up at 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the Regal, balcony cabin. The mattresses were quite comfortable for my back, perhaps a touch firm but much closer to what I need than most hotels. I have some scoliosis so my back can be touchy. You could ask for a second cover if you need.

Now, all the lounge chairs and deep seats on chairs, they aggravated my lower back somewhat. The answer for me was a week's pass to the Enclave where the heated loungers, the hot hot tub, and the WATERBEDS were absolutely heavenly.

Much to hard for me. Get an extra duvet and use it over the mattress. Works very well

We are on the Regal in Feb '15., so I cannot say yet, but if they are identical to ROyal then we do the exact same thing as you shopperwhite,

Get the Duvet from under the bed put it on top of the matress!:)

Too hard for us.

Donnakg

On every single Princess cruise we have taken, we have had to use numerous egg crates to even make the bed remotely comfortable. We are sailing the Regal in January, and I am hoping for once, the beds won't be an issue. :rolleyes:

So this is good news! :D

I still get a chuckle when my husband, who is of average size, sat on the bed on the Grand Princess and his knees whacked his chin, it sunk in that bad! :p

Two backboards, 3 egg crates later, instabed! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been on this site in awhile, but we are big Princess fans and will be sailing on the Regal Princess for Christmas week with my parents and grown twin sons - so excited! Am looking forward to a MUCH better mattress than I've found on several of the last cruises. Question - I have NEVER been able to get an egg crate mattress once on board - always unavailable. I once slept upright all night. I'm so hoping this ship will be better. Any advice from fellow cruisers about obtaining an egg crate mattress or some other assistance? We've booked a guaranteed mini-suite and 17 days from sailing still have no cabin assignment, so I'm praying for an upgrade :)

The mattresses on Regal are pillow top and new, so much more comfortable than on the older ships. I doubt if you will need an egg crate on these beds. As others have suggested, there is extra bedding under the bed if you want to add a layer of softness, but unless you prefer a really soft bed, I doubt if you'll need anything. Enjoy the Regal. We just cruised on her in November and would go back again in a heartbeat. It was one of our favorite cruises for the ship, if not the ports.

There are firm bed lovers and soft bed lovers. Those that love firm beds will rave about the beds. I happen to be in the soft bed category and have never found a Princess bed that was comfortable, including Royal and Regal. I ask for an egg crate (or extra pillowtop) as soon as I meet the steward. I can live with one but would really prefer 2. Last year Princess changed their feather pillows to something that feels more like a bag of cement so I bring my own pillow. My DH has no complaints at all, guess all these years of barely getting a corner of our bed has trained him to sleep on anything :D

We found out on the Ruby last year that if the mattress is really bad and broken down they will find another mattress - not new but hopefully in better shape.