Just off Allure

JBlock54

Just off the 11-16 cruise on Allure and it seems like there was a lot of vibration near the rear of the ship in the Aqua theatre and dining rooms. I've been on the Oasis several times and don't remember this much vibration. I know the Allure went into drydock to fix worn bearings not To long ago. Do I not remember this vibration on Oasis or is there a known problem on the Allure? Other than that the cruise was amazing, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JBlock54

Did you find the vibration extended up into the cabin areas? I have cabin 7700 booked for a March Allure sailing. Do you think I will feel the vibration there?

Also, is Allure doing Dynamic Dining yet or still just My Time and early and late seating?

Thanks.

Just off the 11-16 cruise on Allure and it seems like there was a lot of vibration near the rear of the ship in the Aqua theatre and dining rooms. I've been on the Oasis several times and don't remember this much vibration. I know the Allure went into drydock to fix worn bearings not To long ago. Do I not remember this vibration on Oasis or is there a known problem on the Allure? Other than that the cruise was amazing, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

I was on the Allure shortly before she went in for repairs. Other than not running at full speed, causing some late arrival and early departure times, it was not an issue. No vibrations then, but haven't sailed on her recently.

My parents had cabin 6728 which is the last cabin on deck 6 and the vibration could be felt. It was rattling the hangers in the closet.

The allure is still doing my time late and early seating.

Vibration is typically noticeable when the ship is maneuvering around the harbor or increasing in speed while at see. The root cause of the vibration is typically propeller cavitation and is nothing to worry about. If the problem persists while at cruising speed, it is not propeller cavitation unless they are trying to break some sort of speed record. :)

Vibration is typically noticeable when the ship is maneuvering around the harbor or increasing in speed while at see. The root cause of the vibration is typically propeller cavitation and is nothing to worry about. If the problem persists while at cruising speed, it is not propeller cavitation unless they are trying to break some sort of speed record. :)

We were on Allure Halloween week (Boardwalk balcony on deck 14), and the vibration was so bad that the piece of artwork over the bed rattled all night, keeping us awake. This happened on the leg from Nassau to St. Thomas. We rolled up pieces of paper and jammed it between the wall and the fixture, which was followed by maintenance coming and doing the same thing. They said it was due to going at a faster speed to make it to St. Thomas on time, and sure enough after that we didn't notice the vibrations the rest of the trip.

I know when it had the worn bearings it affected the eastern route too. I was on the western so we didn't receive that letter. I wonder if they received that letter again this week. There was defiantly more than normal vibration.

I was on the same cruise as the OP and didn't notice any vibration. We were in cabin 7201 midship. I also didn't notice it in the dining room or aquatheater. Besides the vibration the OP speaks of, it was the smoothest sailing that sometimes I forgot I was even on a ship.

I was in the 10730 Aquatheater suite and noticed the vibration at various times. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. Never anything that would cause any real problems though. I did have to move the empty hangers in the closet on the first day though. I have nothing to compare it to though as it was my first trip on an Oasis class. Awesome ship.

They are beautiful ships. I didn't post this thread to rant saying it ruined my cruise because the trip was perfect. I was just wondering if anybody knew of and problems on Allure that was causing the vibrations.

We haven't been to the Caribbean in quite a few years as we have been taking longer cruises to Europe, South America, Asia, etc. where we always get dressed up for formal nights so I am wondering if folks were wearing tuxes to dinner on formal nights? We will be on the Allure in February. Thanks.

We are currently on the Allure, headed to St. Thomas. The captain just announced we would be delayed a few hours into St. Thomas due to some mechanical problem that was just replaced in Ft. Lauderdale two days ago. We are currently midship, and the vibration is heavier than normal, but nothing that will ruin our vacation.

We haven't been to the Caribbean in quite a few years as we have been taking longer cruises to Europe, South America, Asia, etc. where we always get dressed up for formal nights so I am wondering if folks were wearing tuxes to dinner on formal nights? We will be on the Allure in February. Thanks.

Some people wear tuxs, most just wear shirt and tie, and few don't even bother to dress up. You know how Royal Caribbean enforces dress codes 😞