Just off Allure

JBlock54

Hoping this is not another azipod problem...? We missed a port last year and were late into another port due to lower speeds because of a problem with the azipod (whatever that is).

If it truly is a turbocharger problem as someone posted earlier today, then that is a totally different problem than the azipod problem.

Here is my view. Not sure what is going on, but I think there is an axipod issue again. When I was wondering around, I noticed that it appeared only two azipod were running during the high speed leg. It did not appear there was any thrust from starboard side azipod. This was for two days I saw this.

Here is my view. Not sure what is going on, but I think there is an axipod issue again. When I was wondering around, I noticed that it appeared only two azipod were running during the high speed leg. It did not appear there was any thrust from starboard side azipod. This was for two days I saw this.

I'm also curious to what's going on. She will be leaving for Europe soon and I'm sure they need all 3 for the crossing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Allure shortly after the Freeport Azipod repair and someone asked about a similar observation during the Captain's corner. The Captain responded that this was standard operating procedure. The Captain said that they typically only use 2 of the 3 Azipods and they rotate the usage maximize the life of the equipment. So perhaps there is an issue, but you may not be able to tell from the prop wash.

How late were you when arriving to St. Thomas or St. Maarten? I am on Allure on 7th, so I am wondering should I make change to our tours timetables...

I'm thinking the same thing! I'm cruising on Dec 14. This appears to be an ongoing issue which poses concerns for picking private excursions.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

Sure hope she gets fixed real soon, because we leave on her tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums slugger44

Please keep us updated when you get news from the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We did B2B with Allure on December 7-21. No more vibration than usual and we were on Boardwalk cabin near aft. We talk with one of the staff member and he said that there is a problem with azipod and stabilizers as well, but that did not bothered us. Just little more motion than usual, when normally you don't feel motion on Allure at all. So nothing to worry about.

We did B2B with Allure on December 7-21. No more vibration than usual and we were on Boardwalk cabin near aft. We talk with one of the staff member and he said that there is a problem with azipod and stabilizers as well, but that did not bothered us. Just little more motion than usual, when normally you don't feel motion on Allure at all. So nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the update! We're heading on a B2B Jan 11-25th, can't wait! Our cabins are also aft, so was wondering how bad the vibrations were.

Definitely NOTHING to worry about. Vibration is not that bad and I was on board for 14 days. I usually get seasick very easily, but no problems on Oasis and Allure. Not on our previous cruises and not on this recent B2B.

Enjoy your cruises, there is no reason to fix the problem before dry dock, because it really isn't that big deal. You might get little late to St. Thomas, but I think we were late just about an hour or so.

Enjoy your cruises, there is no reason to fix the problem before dry dock, because it really isn't that big deal. You might get little late to St. Thomas, but I think we were late just about an hour or so.

Awesome thanks! We actually found last time on Allure we stayed in port for about 4 hours then got back on the boat early, so I don't mind getting to port late or having shorter port times.

Must be nice being a Finn sailing on a Finnish boat, eh? :D

Awesome thanks! We actually found last time on Allure we stayed in port for about 4 hours then got back on the boat early, so I don't mind getting to port late or having shorter port times.

Must be nice being a Finn sailing on a Finnish boat, eh? :D

Well, there is at least one thing Finns are good at; we make absolutely beautiful cruise ships! :)