2 ? Adventure of the seas

ssimon

We are cruising next Saturday fro Puerto Rico on Adventure. Can anyone tell us what time boarding begging there since we don't sail till late. Also are the aft balconys really bad? We have one, and looking at available rooms on the ship still left ,most are aft. Is there a problem? Will our first aft balcony experience be a cruddy one?

We are cruising next Saturday fro Puerto Rico on Adventure. Can anyone tell us what time boarding begging there since we don't sail till late. Also are the aft balconys really bad? We have one, and looking at available rooms on the ship still left ,most are aft. Is there a problem? Will our first aft balcony experience be a cruddy one?

For our Adventure cruises, boarding has begun between 11am and noon.

Some cruisers love the aft on the Voyager class ships, it is a personal preference. We are on the Adventure in a year, and almost all the aft's are already taken.

The only down side is depending on the deck you are on is the amount of ship's superstructure between you and the actual aft on the ship. Google Voyager class ships aft pictures. There is a very good one on-line that shows the ship from the aft.

Hi, I'm on the same cruise:) Only 5 days to go. I've sailed Adventure out of SJ the last couple of years and people start lining up to board as early as 9:30-10 am and boarding starts around 11 am. But the problem has been getting people off the ship, imagine that:) Two years ago I was on a B2B and there were still close to a thousand people still on board at 11 a.m. The ship kept making announcements that people had to leave but they didn't. Finally, security rounded them up and check in/boarding started around 12:30 It was much smoother last year but still people didn't start boarding until almost noon. Just a tip, the check in lines can be quite long and you will be standing outside, so bring water.

We haven't sailed out of SJ in 2 yrs,the last time line was long,There was a seperate baggage check for D and above is that still the same.once we dropped bags we went rt in terminal seems the lines where to drop bags, D drop off was way a head of regular bag check.

We haven't sailed out of SJ in 2 yrs,the last time line was long,There was a seperate baggage check for D and above is that still the same.once we dropped bags we went rt in terminal seems the lines where to drop bags, D drop off was way a head of regular bag check.

Not sure there's a question here, but if you are asking if there are still is a separate line for bags, the answer is yes.

The ship you are sailing on, Adventure-is a voyager class ship and there is a lot of ship superstructure in your view. Some people don't like it and I would think not as much as a 'got to have' possibly. Unlike Radiance class where those aft views are beautiful!!

Still-don't think you will hate it either!!;)

There was a totally different area for Ds and above does that still exist.

There is a baggage check in for Ds and above and suite passengers and then there are two lines for check in, one for D and above and suite passengers, the second for everyone else. The lines are right next to each other and merge just before entering security. At least that is how it has been handled the last two years.

Edited by gxchan

Thank you all for the replies. We are on deck 7 and figured we will love the aft Junior Suite. First aft balcony so it will be a new experience.

Definitely let us know how you liked it. We have 2 aft balconies in June '15 on AOS. One for us and one for the kids - DD 22 and DS 12.

It all depends on whether there is an outbreak of Noro on the previous sailing.

We had to wait until 2.30pm on ours, and the following cruise was 4pm. We had 300-400 go down with it ( figures were kept low key)

AOS has a history of Noro.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I'm on the same cruise:) Only 5 days to go. I've sailed Adventure out of SJ the last couple of years and people start lining up to board as early as 9:30-10 am and boarding starts around 11 am. But the problem has been getting people off the ship, imagine that:) Two years ago I was on a B2B and there were still close to a thousand people still on board at 11 a.m. The ship kept making announcements that people had to leave but they didn't. Finally, security rounded them up and check in/boarding started around 12:30 It was much smoother last year but still people didn't start boarding until almost noon. Just a tip, the check in lines can be quite long and you will be standing outside, so bring water.

Ginne,

Do you know if I check wine in my luggage will they still deliver it to my stateroom? We always like to have a bottle in our room for a drink on the balcony for sailaway at each port. I'm seeing something about carrying it on but we want to check luggage and then go see some sights as San Juan so we dont want to lug bottles of wine around with us.

Can someone tell me how late you can board? I know we sail fairly late, and I would like to see a bit of San Juan before boarding.

Thanks!

Beth

I think it's in the 5pm range. I'm pretty sure that the offical last boarding call is just after the Muster drill (as odd as that sounds).

IIRC, muster was 4:45, but the ship leaves at 8pm.

We try to arrive at the ship around 1-2pm- which gives plenty of time for the early ones to arrive and get on, and the flights start to arrive right around 2pm- so they start getting to the ship at 2:30-3 and that continues right up to the end.