Laundry

Netty13

I've done 4 cruises so far but never dared to use the ships laundry service. I'm worried the clothes would shrink in the dryer (at home I don't put jeans or nice shirts in the dryer).

I'm sure many of you have made experience with laundry service. Can you recommend it or are my concerns legitimate?

Thank you for your thoughts ☺

I've done 4 cruises so far but never dared to use the ships laundry service. I'm worried the clothes would shrink in the dryer (at home I don't put jeans or nice shirts in the dryer).

I'm sure many of you have made experience with laundry service. Can you recommend it or are my concerns legitimate?

I've used the service on nearly every cruise I've been on and they have never damaged a thing. They do a better job than I do, that's for sure. I've even given them delicate silk and satin evening gowns to iron and again returned perfect.

I don't think you have any need to worry.

Some of my clothes are tighter than when I arrived but that has more to do with the Lchol and last I've over indulged in ratherbthan the laundry shrinking them!

I've used the laundry on several of my MSC cruises and always with excellent results. The present package is €25 for 20 items, which can be sent in several batches until the total of 20 items is reached, and they allow 1 package per cabin per cruise.

But saying that, on my recent three week repositioning cruise I pointed out to the MSC club Hostess that that rule is aimed at 7 night cruises and we should be allowed 3 packages for the cruise. She contacted Naples, used the same reasoned argument, and two days later the allowance was revised to 1 package per cabin per week for that particular cruise.

I shall certainly be using it again on my cruise which starts on thursday of this week.

Pete

I, too, used the Laundry services when aboard the Fantasia :D I dutifully waited until I had 20 items. Then they didn't all fit in the paper bag--would the 20 pieces for 25 euro still work :confused::eek: So I went to the front desk and asked. They said, "did you fill out and return the form?" Form...what form. They nicely gave me a form to fill out for the special--this must be done BEFORE sending any laundry. They then told me I could use another bag if it didn't all fit in the paper bag. I asked, do I bring the laundry up here (thankfully, I asked before doing so)--they said no--your cabin steward will take care of it, just leave it on the bed. So I slinked back to my cabin, filled out the laundry form (this is different from the form to get the laundry special)--and that's when it hit me!!:eek: You don't have to wait till you have 20 items (this is not like those sales where you fill your bag for $20)!! The next day, my laundry was returned, beautifully done!! My cabin steward and I had had a good chuckle over it. We had a wonderful cabin steward whom we talked to almost every day. Guess we were lucky as most say they never see them!!:D:D

Thank you all for your Information. I think I'll try the laundry Service on my next cruise!

@AmoMondo: I know what you mean about clothes become tighter. That's not what I'm worried about. We're on Holiday, so supposed to have a great time :D

@Skier52: Aaaah, I'm jealous! Do have a wonderful cruise!!

@tsahall01: Great to know that I don't have to wait until I have 20 pieces of laundry. This way I still can try 2-3 pieces and check afterwards, before I have the next items cleaned ;)