1st time cruisers HELP don't want to overpack!

SUNNY D

I'm new here and a first time cruiser.... Can anyone tell me what I should bring for formal dinner ? also, can I wear causal to have my bf, lunch n dinner as well ? As it is a vacation, is it really a must to wear formal during dinner or just a formal dinner ?

Many thanks

Without looking at your profile, or prior posts, it would help if you gave the name of the ship and how many nights your cruise will be. Typically, a cruise of 7 nights will have 2 formal nights, some lines will have additional semi-formal, some lines will have the other nights all casual. Shorter cruises will only have one formal night, longer cruises will have 3 or more.

Myybe you could start a new thread and I'm sure there will be plenty of people to help you. Most of us love helping out first-timers, it's fun to hear of your planning and excitement!

I like the fact that if needed they have dry cleaning service. I have one question relating to Formal nights, Is a shirt and tie acceptable or are you required to wear a suit jacket of some sort?

I'm also the first time cruiser and i think that the shirt n tie are depends on which type of cruise u book, for me, RC, it requires a suit for men....and so I am worry about no iron...

Archived