Die-hard Disney fan cruises the Breeze on 11/8/14 and LOVES it or HATES it???

loveysbydesign

So we're sitting on the bus in the air conditioning and after about 10 minutes guess who shows up?? Our cruise group! Then the bus was full and off we went. We stopped at a few other stops, such as the local college, before getting to the beaches.

The bus trip was an adventure in itself! The streets are so narrow, bumpy and packed with crazy drivers. At first it was kind of scary, but then we all had a blast!

Once we got out into the country it was so beautiful and bucolic...and there was hardly any other cars.

DSC04969_zps33197407.jpg

DSC04970_zpsc94eaa9d.jpg

DSC04971_zpsbe39cc6e.jpg

We stopped at Jolly Beach and some of our group got off, then it was on to Darkwood. I was glad we had decided not to go to Jolly beach as it looked busy and there were tons of vacation rentals and such right there by the resort/beach. So we're sitting up in the front and we are talking to the driver. We found out his name was Shelmore and that his friend from all the way back in Elem. school is the manager at the bar/restaurant at Darkwood. He was amazingly friendly and fun to talk to. Once we got to Darkwood, he made it a point to actually get off the bus and introduce us to his friend and make him promise to take good care of us! Since the bus only cost us $1.50 per person (what a steal) we gave him a generous tip!

DSC04972_zpsf98b9f0d.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

So we made it through the crazy journey from the port to Darkwood Beach. The view was just breathtaking, it was even more beautiful then I ever could have imagined!

I felt like I was in a dream!

DSC04973_zps067dac9d.jpg

DSC04980_zps3bdc9f91.jpg

DSC04981_zpsd064e372.jpg

DSC04984_zps6aa759b7.jpg

We lock our KYSS bag to a chair (2 for $10) and then go take a dip! OMG it was the perfect temperature, I could have stayed in there all day. But I wanted to explore and took a walk down the beach where it was empty. Not that it was busy by the bar, only maybe 20 people were there.

My view looking to the left towards the bar.

DSC04985_zpsd8c2cb1e.jpg

My view looking to the right.

DSC04987_zps29d00709.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

So after climbing out of the water and back onto the catamaran I was truly sad that we had to go back to the ship. The older kids and hubby would have loved to stay and snorkel some more too. Even though we were having a good time on the Breeze, the catamaran was better ;)

Someday, when money is not a huge issue, you can charter a catamaran in the Virgin Islands for a week with a captain and a cook. Then your biggest decision of the day would be "Do we snorkel before lunch or after lunch today?" Or both.

Best vacation I ever had, although I do love a good cruise! It's spendy, but so much fun...we took a group of 6 on a 60' catamaran that slept 10 people. Great food, open bar, blue skies, clear water, and a different beach to anchor off every night. Aaaahhhh.....

So after climbing out of the water and back onto the catamaran I was truly sad that we had to go back to the ship. The older kids and hubby would have loved to stay and snorkel some more too. Even though we were having a good time on the Breeze, the catamaran was better ;)

Someday, when money is not a huge issue, you can charter a catamaran in the Virgin Islands for a week with a captain and a cook. Then your biggest decision of the day would be "Do we snorkel before lunch or after lunch today?" Or both.

Best vacation I ever had, although I do love a good cruise! It's spendy, but so much fun...we took a group of 6 on a 60' catamaran that slept 10 people. Great food, open bar, blue skies, clear water, and a different beach to anchor off every night. Aaaahhhh.....

That sounds amazing! Maybe for our 25th anniversary!!!

I am loving the review and pictures. That drink of the day at darkwood sounds yummy.

The beach is so gorgeous! On a foggy morning here I could really go for some bright sunshine and beaches.

ITA! It has been rainy, foggy and dreary here in PA. Looks like we'll be getting thunderstorms later...crazy stuff for Dec. Last year this time it was very icy! I'm spending the day baking and making lots of treats for our party on Sat!

Edited by loveysbydesign

Hi everyone...with so much going on over Christmas it has been crazy here! hope you are still following along!

Still here, on the Breeze again next month and the Disney Fantasy next Sept. Haven't cruised Disney in 14 years and can't wait to try it again

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Soon it was time to dry off, get changed and head back to the ship :( The one great thing about Darkwood Beach is that the bus stop is right next to the bar/restaurant.

DSC05063_zpsa7b0ba1a.jpg

The view from the bus stop!!!!!!!!!

DSC05068_zpsee20cc56.jpg

DSC05069_zps916d0389.jpg

DSC05070_zpsb04ae07e.jpg

We all gave Antigua a BIG thumbs up!!!

DSC05073_zps801c0f1c.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

Once we got to dinner, Dejan and I Komang were so excited to see us and asked us why we weren't there the previous night. Dejan said he missed us...awe, so sweet! We loved our servers! Instead of calling us the Hartley family they called us the "Water" family, as we all drank 2-3 glasses of water at dinner each night!

View from the glass elevators.

DSC05080_zps3c4c744f.jpg

Dinner was Italian night, plus the usual things you could get every night!

We thought it was extra yummy!

DSC05087_zpsf4e2655b.jpg

DSC05088_zps24dc0f2e.jpg

DSC05089_zps947a33cf.jpg

DSC05090_zps1d1e9640.jpg

Ok, time for a comparison.....we found the food on the Breeze to be a bit better than what we had on the Disney Dream...but on par with what we had on the Disney Magic. Now I don't know if that is because the Dream was a shorter 4 night cruise, instead of the 7-8 night ones we took on the Disney Magic and Breeze or not!

As far as service, we found the Breeze to be amazingly better than what we had experienced on either Disney ship. We found that the servers on Disney seemed much more rushed and frazzled. On the Breeze they never seemed that way. On Disney the servers did not really seem to be enjoying their jobs, it was more like they were just going through the motions and trying to just get everything accomplished. On the Breeze our serving staff seemed to be having a good time while on the job!

Also on the Breeze our kids, esp. our youngest got lots of extra attention, special treatment and smiles from our servers. They seemed to really enjoy having the kids at their table. On Disney it was kind of like...I have an entire room full of kids so who cares.

Now I know this will vary depending on what servers you have no matter what ship you are on, I am just sharing our experiences!