Policy on E-cigs

pirate52

Which pharmaceutical company was benefiting from this study?

Sure we can, but I believe it was you who previously claimed that the ONLY reason for regulation was to collect taxes?

You both keep either ignoring the fact that many of these e-cigarettes are made, at additional cost, to be able to crank up the voltage to 5 volts - or even try to claim that the study "intentionally misused" the device, which doesn't appear to be true.

I've asked more than once, but you continue to ignore the question. If no one cranks the voltage up, then why do manufacturers spend more money making - and users spend more money buying - variable voltage devices which are designed to be able to crank up the voltage to those levels? I'm still waiting to hear the reasoning behind that.

The pharmaceutical company is Pfizer. They have a lot to gain from regulation. Millions actually. They are begin it'll funding research into the problems with PVs.

Sorry, I did say the ONLY reason. I meant the predominate reasons are for taxes.

You also missed the fact that voltage is irrelevant. I can have 1m Volts and not get to 100c. The reason why voltage is variable is because resistance is variable. They don't buy a variable voltage device to increase voltage. They buy it to regulate the voltage to the resistance of the atomizer they are using. In your article they used an atomizer designed for 3.7 volts and cranked it to 5. Hat do you think will happen?

Really? Think for yourself and stop discarding anything that doesn't agree with your preconceived ideas. Next thing, you will say you think polar bears are going extinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pharmaceutical company is Pfizer. They have a lot to gain from regulation. Millions actually.

Really? Think for yourself and stop discarding anything that doesn't agree with your preconceived ideas.

I fail to see how Pfizer will be making millions from a study (which they didn't even conduct) on e-cigarettes.

As for your last sentence I quoted, good advice you might want to consider for yourself too. ;)

Edited by LetsGetWet!

I fail to see how Pfizer will be making millions from a study (which they didn't even conduct) on e-cigarettes.

As for your last sentence I quoted, good advice you might want to consider for yourself too. ;)

I have evaluated all sides. Not only am I familiar with the chemistry, I am familiar with all sides of the research. That is why I know this one is trash.

As for why Pfizer stands to lose millions? They have the only FDA approved nicotine inhalant. Identical to the e-cig except it uses a catalyst to vaporize the content.

Oh and the formaldehyde content of pfizer's device are similar to a vaporizer.

This is a no win situation. I mean you cant talk to anyone who thinks they know everything and there are lot of those people in this forum. Instead of doing some research. Most of the people replying to this thread are just like the Media. Jumping on the bandwagon. Surprise, surprise, surprise! Sheep,,,follow the leader and I cant think for myself. Its a shame.

This is a no win situation. I mean you cant talk to anyone who thinks they know everything and there are lot of those people in this forum. Instead of doing some research. Most of the people replying to this thread are just like the Media. Jumping on the bandwagon. Surprise, surprise, surprise! Sheep,,,follow the leader and I cant think for myself. Its a shame.

I agree. It is easier to convince people that global warming is a lie.

Karen, Karen, we need to talk. You WAY underestimated this one. :)

Agreed, I would have added a digit before or after the six.

My only thing to add, other than sarcasm and mockery of another smoking thread, is that Royal (and other cruise lines) probably just found it easier to lump e-cigs with regular cigs and ban them all, except in designated areas. Differentiating between the two just causes endless debate, as is evidenced here.

Now back to my regularly scheduled sarcasm and pot stirring.

Edited by twindaddy

I've asked more than once, but you continue to ignore the question. If no one cranks the voltage up, then why do manufacturers spend more money making - and users spend more money buying - variable voltage devices which are designed to be able to crank up the voltage to those levels? I'm still waiting to hear the reasoning behind that.

Because voltage is only part of the equation. The amount of voltage needed to raise the temperature of the coils to the desired temperature is related to the coil's resistance. Some vapers prefer multiple coil setups which require that amount of voltage to produce the temperature needed to vaporize the e-liquid. This is an advanced type of system and isn't used by many, but you did ask so there is your answer.

The vast majority of users do not utilize such systems and tend to run their rigs anywhere from 3.6 to 4.2 volts. But irregardless of the system, the temperatures required to produce the high levels of formaldehyde would result in three possible outcomes:

1) The coils would quickly fail due to being over-driven

2) If robust enough coils where used, they would likely overrun the rest of the system's ability to supply liquid to the coils, resulting in a "dry hit".

3) If the system were robust enough to supply adequate fluid, the fluid would be burned instead of vaporized. This would taste absolutely awful and the user would immediately reduce the voltage before using it again.

So in order to produce the study's results, we have to barge our way past 2 ifs, all to produce something that would taste nasty. Therein lies the problem with this particular study.

Edited by jstraw20

I do recognize that many people use ecig to wean off of tobacco cigarettes and feel a bit bad that those have to share the cigarette smoking areas but using an ecig is a choice just like smoking tobacco is a choice, just like smoking nothing at all is a choice.

Do you drink Coffee? Coke or Pepsi? Drink Alcohol? If you do your addicted to drugs! Just like you said its a choice right? Think before you speak it will work wonders!!!

I do recognize that many people use ecig to wean off of tobacco cigarettes and feel a bit bad that those have to share the cigarette smoking areas but using an ecig is a choice just like smoking tobacco is a choice, just like smoking nothing at all is a choice.

Do you drink Coffee? Coke or Pepsi? Drink Alcohol? If you do your addicted to drugs! Just like you said its a choice right? Think before you speak it will work wonders!!!

I smoked for 15 years. I then chose to be a non smoker. I threw out my pack and haven't had one since. A choice.

FAA warns of fire danger caused by e-cigarettes on planes

This may be the game changer for all cruise lines... just a thought...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/faa-warns-of-fire-danger-caused-by-e-cigarettes-on-planes/ar-AA8wPEj

That would be scary as laptop batteries, cell phone batteries etc... have the exact same fire danger

That just makes it easier to hide it from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uummmm.... no, I answered your question. Don't believe it one bit. I bet many noticed. I see it and smell it. You aren't so suave that people don't see it. They just don't want to ruin their vacation by making a scene by asking management to have people follow the rules.

Edited by shellunderwater