Beer prices

rasman1979

I assume just as with regular drnks if you order a beer not covered you pay the difference??

No, there is no credit given for having a package with regard to beer purchases. If the beer is not covered, you pay full price.

That menu has Long Hammer IPA excluded from the drink packages, however I order them all day long with the package. Actually on all my cruises this year, both Enchantment and Liberty.

I know the menu is old, but it's all I've got. Maybe some really good photographer will come along and post a new one.;)

Last week on Allure, the only beer not covered by the package was Chimay. It was something like $22 a bottle. For cider they had Strongbow and Angry Orchard. They have Redd's too which, to me at least, might as well be a Cider. lol

What beer is not covered on the beverage package?

It's not clear, Royal does not specify a max value for beer like they do for glasses of wine and cocktails. So the beer included in the packages may vary ship to ship. It does look like the 750ml Chimay is excluded on all ships.

That menu has Long Hammer IPA excluded from the drink packages, however I order them all day long with the package. Actually on all my cruises this year, both Enchantment and Liberty.

Same, here. Drank them all week on my cruise on the Allure, never a problem with the PP.

Foster's Oil Can's are also excluded and they are priced at $8.00. So maybe that's the pricing threshold for beers in the Select package. Who knows?

It's really a non-issue for me, because there are so many other beers that are included in the package.

Is Long Hammer the only IPA they carry on board (only one shown on that pub menu)? It's certainly a good IPA, just wondering if there will be any other choices for a hop-head.

Then again it'll be 80-90 degrees most of the time, so I'll probably be having a lot more Caribbean style lagers and pilsners than usual.

Edited by Dajbman22

Is Long Hammer the only IPA they carry on board (only one shown on that pub menu)? It's certainly a good IPA, just wondering if there will be any other choices for a hop-head.

Then again it'll be 80-90 degrees most of the time, so I'll probably be having a lot more Caribbean style lagers and pilsners than usual.

I'm a hop head myself, usually the more hop the better. But they don't have anything with hop in it. To be honest, I don't really love the long hammer, but it's not bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm a hop head myself, usually the more hop the better. But they don't have anything with hop in it. To be honest, I don't really love the long hammer, but it's not bad either.

Thumbs UP! to Hop Heads

I read that Long Hammer IPA is rated at 44 ibu, so that barely registers in my bitterness taste buds but still OK for a Light afternoon brew. My favorite IPAs are usually between 70 & 90 ibu and a few are rated at 100ibu :D Yum.

Edited by dpostman

Foster's Oil Can's are also excluded and they are priced at $8.00. So maybe that's the pricing threshold for beers in the Select package. Who knows?

It's really a non-issue for me, because there are so many other beers that are included in the package.

I had a Fosters on the PP last week on Allure. As stated, the only beer that wasn't covered was a Chimay. Don't know if that's just Allure or if they are changing their policies.

Thumbs UP! to Hop Heads

I read that Long Hammer IPA is rated at 44 ibu, so that barely registers in my bitterness taste buds but still OK for a Light afternoon brew. My favorite IPAs are usually between 70 & 90 ibu and a few are rated at 100ibu :D Yum.

Yup! My favorite is Bear Republic Racer 5, but it's hard to find outside of Ca. Sierra Nevada Torpedo is awesome and is sold everywhere. If you're a true hop-head, try Sierra Nevada Hoptimum. Be careful, though, it's 10% ABV. :)

Yup! My favorite is Bear Republic Racer 5, but it's hard to find outside of Ca. Sierra Nevada Torpedo is awesome and is sold everywhere. If you're a true hop-head, try Sierra Nevada Hoptimum. Be careful, though, it's 10% ABV. :)

It's too bad that many of the great IPAs are way up there in the Alc%. It would be hard to get my money's worth out of a drinks package if all I drank were High % IPAs. Too bad I've never seen a 70ibu 4% beer. Probably would taste awful.

But I like many other drinks as well. I'll be getting my fair share of Rye & Ginger, Old Fashioneds, Gin & Tonics, Bloody Ceasars, Wine, Scotch, as well as many beers :D Also, an assortment of frozen concoctions.

PS Oh... and coffee too :cool:

Edited by dpostman

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It was the best they had on my Freedom in October. Edited by Big_G

I had a Fosters on the PP last week on Allure. As stated, the only beer that wasn't covered was a Chimay. Don't know if that's just Allure or if they are changing their policies.

Go figure. If there's one thing that's consistent about Royal Caribbean, it's their inconsistency.