Snorkeling On Castaway Cay?

RdhAnd mom

Last yr I went On the Dis Dream Bahamas cruise in January. I paid extra for the snorkeling On their private island and saw NOTHING. I am going again this yr same time. Is it worth it to go Their private tour from this island to snorkel? I read somewhere they take you out to a reef. Anyone have any experience with it?

Last yr I went On the Dis Dream Bahamas cruise in January. I paid extra for the snorkeling On their private island and saw NOTHING. I am going again this yr same time. Is it worth it to go Their private tour from this island to snorkel? I read somewhere they take you out to a reef. Anyone have any experience with it?

No experience with the excursion that goes out to the reef, but we got snorkeling gear our last trip there and used it at Serenity Bay. Saw lots of fish, starfish (really big), sting ray.

You have to go out quite a long way to see anything...but when you do, the snorkeling is pretty good. It is very different in the snorkel lagoon vs. Serenity Bay. The snorkel lagoon is planted and the wildlife fed to encourage them to be there while Serenity is more natural.

It is free to snorkel on Castaway Cay if you bring your own equipment. You can also save money by bringing your own mask and snorkel and renting only fins. A snorkel vest is required and is no charge (you don't have to inflate it, just to wear it.)