library on the Azura

catwoman71

Hello could anyone please tell me what times the library is open on the Azura, if they have a decent selection of books and if they have a book exchange so you can leave a book which you brought with you when it has been read and swop it for some one elses book. Thanks :)

I can't remember the exact times but is appeared to be open most of the day when I was aboard a couple of months ago. I thought the selection was okay but reading is somewhat a personal taste I guess.

There is a table outside the library for people to donate read books for others to read, but there was only a handful available at any one time while I was there.

The problem with the library on Azura is that it's more like a large cupboard than a library. If they hadn't taken away space to put the bookshop next door - which sells expensive books - the library would have been of a good size. I know many people use Kindles now - as I do - but I always go to the library to see if there is anything there that interests me. The library on Adonia is absolutely huge with a fantastic choice of books. The one on Aurora was lovely but I understand it is going and being replaced with a Sindhu and a new library will be situated in what was the Internet area - much smaller I imagine.

Yes there is a table by the entrance of the library on Azura where people can leave paperbacks they have finished with.

What library's Its a little corner and totally useless, unlike Aurora's which has nice comfortable seats and On Adonia the library goes right across the width of the ship, plenty of seating and windows to the front and both sides.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I really enjoyed using the library on the Independence of the seas but sounds as though the one on the Azura is going to be very disappointing, I am one of the old fashioned people who don't own a kindle but love to read at least I now know to pack plenty of books!

catwoman - it's well worth taking the plunge and getting a kindle.

Aside from the weight saving compared to books - very important when flying, one advantage of the kindle is hardly mentioned, yet for those of us with less than perfect eyesight it is a real boon.

The text size can be easily adjusted from small print, through several sizes, up to large print.

I'm surprised that Amazon do not emphasise this feature - as it means you can read easily without straining your eyes.

Thanks Lake5298 but we are sailing from Southampton so no worries on the weight of the cases! I know they are all the rage but for me personally you can't beat the feel of an actual book but give it a few years when I need a magnifying glass to read and I may be converted!!