HELP! Crown Princess boarding

kellyinkentucky

We leave this Saturday :)

We have sailed several times on the Crown out of Ft. Lauderdale but this is our first time out of California. We received an email that they have staggered boarding times. We always get there early to board because we like to buy the week long pass to The Sanctuary. Please explain how the boarding works and what is the earliest time we can get there to board the ship. We have "priority boarding" where we have sailed 13 times. The ONLY reason we sail Princess is for the Sanctuary so we want to make sure we get a spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated :))))

Being priority means you are Elite or Platinum. There are special areas in the terminal set up as your gathering point.. once Elite is called, platinum is next and You'll be on in no time. That being said, the earliest I've ever experienced a ship boarding process to begin sat San Pedro is 1130-12 noon. I'd get there as early as you can, But.v be prepared for the wait to get the best seats for your priority boarding group. Regardless, You'll have a Great time!

Edited by brentlym

We leave this Saturday :)

We have sailed several times on the Crown out of Ft. Lauderdale but this is our first time out of California. We received an email that they have staggered boarding times. We always get there early to board because we like to buy the week long pass to The Sanctuary. Please explain how the boarding works and what is the earliest time we can get there to board the ship. We have "priority boarding" where we have sailed 13 times. The ONLY reason we sail Princess is for the Sanctuary so we want to make sure we get a spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated :))))

As many have said, staggered boarding is really a suggestion to help thin the crowds. I've never seen it enforced.

As many have said, staggered boarding is really a suggestion to help thin the crowds. I've never seen it enforced.

I arrived about 2 PM for my recent sailing from San Pedro on the Golden. That was the time indicated on my email, and the terminal was almost empty--everyone was already onboard! I knew I could have boarded sooner, but I prefer to avoid the crowds.

As others have said, get there early (11ish) if you want to book the Sanctuary for the week. As I understand it, B2B passengers will have first crack at this, so I hope for your sake there aren't many of them.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
How do they handle B2B if you keep same cabin?

I've never done it on Princess, however since there are no other responses yet, my understanding is that you can leave your belongings in the cabin but will still need to disembark and reboard for immigration purposes.

On some lines you are led by a crewmember along with other B2Bers off and back on the ship; on others you are more on your own to do this. There is what is called an "in-transit" pass or card that identifies you as a B2B passenger. I can't recall just how Princess does it, so hopefully another CCer will help you out here.

Edited by Ryndam2002

How do they handle B2B if you keep same cabin?

a) First of all it is nice to let your cabin steward know he/she can do your cabin after having done the ones for new passengers.

b) You will receive full instructions a day or two before turnaround day.

c) Your cruise card will likely be good for both your segments. It will have the starting and ending dates on it.

d) If you want to tour on your own on turnaround day, you can leave the ship once disembarkation has started. If you do so, you cannot reboard until the ship has been cleared of all (even continuing) passengers by immigration.

e) You can also take a Princess tour on turnaround day (you can sign up for one once on board). If you do this, you will be assigned a time and place to meet for the tour. After the tour you will be brought back to the ship and by that time can reboard.

(If you do tour, either on your own or with Princess, you do not have to check in again. You will have an "in transit" pass (along with your cruise card) that, once past terminal security, will allow you to reboard.)

f) If you do not want to tour, then you will be told in that letter with the instructions where nand when to meet to go off as a group, go through immigration, and then be led back on to the ship. This will jormally be around 10 AM.

g) You will not need to attend the muster drill for the second segment.

h) It does not hurt to check at the Purser's desk during the first segment to make sure your on board account will be carried over to the second segment.

i) On turnaround day the buffet for breakfast can be a frenzied zoo. I suggest breakfast in the dining room which will have different hours than during the cruise.