Emerald Princess Nov 16 short review

Lovtotravel2

My two biggest beefs were the service and the beds. I hate when gratuity is included in the price. It doesn't give anyone any incentive to wait on you. Everywhere we went, no one waited on us. The pool was the worst in that regard. Even after buying a bucket we couldn't get anyone to check on us to open the new bottles. When we found someone, they didn't even have an opener on their person. Very agraviating!

Did anyone else have a problem with the beds?? I could barely move in the morning, my body ached so bad. I had to get in the hot tub every morning. I never had that problem before in my life, so I'm thinking the mattresses must suck.

Might consider carrying your own bottle opener for "emergencies".

Some like the beds, some think they are too hard, some think they are too soft. What can you do?

If it is not comfortable ask your steward for a "topper". It might help.

We have sailed many cruiselines! We were in a hurricane twice, on a cruise when the swine flu prevented us from porting at any ports, had a mutiny in the theatre by guests and almost missed our flight to catch a mediterranean cruise. We sailed Princess a few years ago and both of us wondered why it took us so long to find them!!! We have had fog in other ports not just Houston/Galveston. Had luggage missing from our shuttle because our ship was the last drop off . Had to go back to all the other ships in Miami to find it!! Have waited outside in Florida in the terrible heat, had our eastern itinerary changed as we boarded due to a hurricane, broke my ankle on a deck that had just had water drip down from cleaning the above windows and flew home the day of hurricane Sandy and had extensive surgery the next day. And after all that I am still cruising! You plan a trip, not knowing what the weather will be or who will be with you or if the ship is in good condition, if you will be in good health, if you will have the best crew. As for liquor prices.....who cruises just to buy liquor or perfume? In this day of the internet you can get it cheaper in the states. After all our trials and tribulations we never stopped cruising and have always felt that being on vacation was great no matter what occurred. I won't go into why it is so nice cruising from Houston/Galveston. Where else can you park a car and walk to the terminal? Where else can you arrive with NO traffic to speak of!!! Shuttle may be more if you arrive at Bush and not HOU but your TA should have told you that there is a big difference distance wise. I do my homework and I am in control of my vacation. I never leave it up to anyone else!! I'm so sorry that you had a bad cruise but you will be a happier person if you try to find good in something. Thank you for your opinion but.....I think you went a little overboard!!!