Macy's Parade Float

I thought the float was poorly done. They failed to prominently display their brand (which was hidden down on the side and out of camera range for most of the time). They also presented a caricature of cruisers and cruising that the industry has been trying hard to move away from.

Just my $.02 -- I definitely expected better!

Seems the MACY parade is getting even more commercial with company sponsored floats. I assume the logo signage size and placement was probably dictated by the parade sponsors.

"Climb Aboard!" Will do so next Thursday.:)

Edited by cruzincurt

It wasn't so much the prominence of logo that made it lame. It was very "cartoony" and the dancers (they had dressed like tourists) were aimlessly milling around and sort of dancing. With their talented choreographers and consume designers, they could have done so much more. With new ships sailing from the area (and millions of TV viewers) they didn't make the most of the marketing opportunity...

Never saw it, working here in Canada :)

anyone got any screen shots of it ?

.....just picture in your mind a junior high school quality play backdrop sailing steam ship with a bunch of actors milling around on board forgetting their lines and looking lost......multi million dollar company cheaping out.....lame...

.....just picture in your mind a junior high school quality play backdrop sailing steam ship with a bunch of actors milling around on board forgetting their lines and looking lost......multi million dollar company cheaping out.....lame...

That doesnt seem to pretty, Nick Jonas was on it though. Hes suppose to be sorta cool I guess right ?

I am out of touch with the teenie band groups :D

The 3 sided scene on it was supposed to turn,...so all 3 scenes could be seen from all sides, Flow Rider, rock climbing, and Ice skating or whatever the other one was,.....but it seems it was mal-funtioning, so I assume that is why the people on it were just walking around looking confussed instead of doing thair prepaired routine,....also Nick Jonas was supposed to be the Star of the show, more than the others on-board,.....For a company bragging so much about their new robots, innovation, and high tech, it was a very bad show for sure.:(

The 3 sided scene on it was supposed to turn,...so all 3 scenes could be seen from all sides, Flow Rider, rock climbing, and Ice skating or whatever the other one was,.....but it seems it was mal-funtioning, so I assume that is why the people on it were just walking around looking confussed instead of doing thair prepaired routine,....also Nick Jonas was supposed to be the Star of the show, more than the others on-board,.....For a company bragging so much about their new robots, innovation, and high tech, it was a very bad show for sure.:(

According to this video, yes it was supposed to turn.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/378/behind-the-scenes-making-the-float/

Here are some pictures of the float

low_1383058102_Royal-Caribbean-Float-Sketch-A-World-at-Sea-Final.jpg

Float.jpg

float2.jpg

1385477391_A-World-at-Sea-Royal-Caribbean-International1.jpg

I was standing up the street with a clear view of the parade. I was taking photos of every float as it passed. I saw a blah one and decided to skip it, not knowing what it was. At the last second I saw the logo. That was it! I snapped a quick shot as it went out of view. What a disappointment. I was expecting more. It wasn't working? WOW! Did the IT dept. create it?

i was standing up the street with a clear view of the parade. I was taking photos of every float as it passed. I saw a blah one and decided to skip it, not knowing what it was. At the last second i saw the logo. That was it! I snapped a quick shot as it went out of view. What a disappointment. I was expecting more. It wasn't working? Wow! Did the it dept. Create it?

lol!!!